Stuff completely killed with the revamp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Jun 28, 2014.

1. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I made a quick look through bgs I played recently, and here's (obviously incomplete) list of things which were not just nerfed into oblivon, but completely ceased to exist.

Foul Rite - whole theme (barbs are not humans anymore)
    Creeps - ff and all possible splits alltogether (half of creeps even lost creep, lol)
    Soultap - all possible splits (soulfeast removed from everything, backlash in wrong ability sets)
    Fascinating Vamps - all possible splits (fascinate and phaseshift removed from seeker, banshee remains unusable)

Bonewing and Vixen (defenceless melee ftw)
    Stitched Monolith (lost his lumbering compensation)
    Arbiter (somewhere between upper two)
    Stitched Concealer (lost his role without getting anything)
    Hook Fiend (just lost everything)
    Corrupted Guardian (lost his only comboenabler, now not runnable even in clops)
    Venger (was a key chop piece and lost decay)
    Haunting Spirit (1 speed ftw)
    Jyx (more boring than goblin brute now)

Add stuff you found.

2. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Shallaxy has 10 DMG, Swap, Rend, and Hit and Rund, with 1 range, for 85 nora. I think she wins the "I'm garbage now" contest.

Nebron likes this.
  3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- KF/IS barb deck...RIP. Was even a theme deck to get Sarng. Centaur created for this...still imploded.

4. viktorino

viktorino Member

sixul lost ping and evasive... LOL. anyway i think that's not the point: the point is that a common / uncommon rune with low nora cost is BY FAR more playable than high cost doomies, angels, 150ks etc. never matter, it's a pity i have tons of runes that WERE precious but now everybody can make a strong bg with few bucks. i hoped every rune would have been playable, they just switched some runes that were shoebox with some other that were op. i am sure they will find a balance, let's keep plyaing pox needs community to stay alive.

5. Farce

Farce Member

The first thing that comes to mind is Creepers since a lot of them lost either what made them useful or what made them usable. Mindthief creeper used to be a mediocre version of Mindshredder and now he doesn't have ping but is otherwise the same, including cost.

6. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Dwarven Windfury, at least playable in low rank, now unplayable

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Haunting Spirit.
    Speed 1 and no longer able to choose Ghost as an upgrade.

8. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

Basilisk templar. Lost punishing aura, have to choose between immunity magic and quest: kill enemy, speed down to 6. Cost 91 nora. Has AVERAGE beater stats. Outclassed by any draksar rune that's 20 nora cheaper than him.

Blackscale Centurion. Aswell as taking a big knock to his stats, he lost drive, command:block and cast: acid shield. They were the only reason he was ran, now he's a standard 80 nora beater/tank... due to retaining bulwark. Outclassed by Draksar footman.

9. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Oooookay... so now maybe you can take a look at every other rune in the game and see that everything was nerfed hard.

So the runes you are complaining about may have ended being better than the rest.

10. LoganMkv

Maybe you can learn to read the line you quoted?
    This thread is not about hard nerfs. Serkan was nerfed hard, kiergana was nerfed hard, but they are still borderline runnable. However you can't run human deck with champs which lost race: human, at all.

11. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Most of your OP is complaints about the powerlevel of the runes.

So my point still perfectly stands.

You want an example? "Bonewing and Vixen (defenceless melee ftw)"

=> Did you take a look at every other melee in the game? Now every other ranged champion? Now maybe you got the idea.

12. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

HAHAHAHAAHA :D

13. LoganMkv

Name me a single defenceless 6speed melee with 70+ cost that has ever seen play.
    Those champs don't just have low powerlevel — there have always been lots of weakish champs runnable for fun if nothing else — it's impossible to do anything with them even with ideal conditions, so they don't have a role anymore.

14. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

The same mistake again, trying to compare runes based on the old system.

This is a whole different game now. So one more time: take a look at the other runes.

Kampel and SPiEkY like this.
  15. b33rdragon

b33rdragon The King of Potatoes

Stitched First
    Stitched Shaman

Sheul Magnus
    (Bonewing said)
    The way over costed original 2x2 Stitched

Honestly, after spending a few days on it, many of the old staple runes got a beat down, making a bunch of the older runes seem more attractive, though in practice they are not.

Voidraker is by far UBERSOFT right now.

16. LoganMkv

Have you actually seen the game?
    It was made much more boring and basic attack oriented. Few shoebox runes here and there are now op efficincy-wise, most old good runes are nerfed, but nothing changed cardianlly, and runes without any reason to run them are still unrunnable.

17. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Unrunnable by what standard?
    The knee jerk reactions and limited playtest of people during these 2 days after the revamp?

From what I have seen so far I think that themes will have a more important impact on the rune
    selection. And being part of a theme will be a worthile enough reason to run a certain seemingly worthless rune. OFC I haven't played enough to be certain of what I'm saying, I don't think that any of us did at this point.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  18. LoganMkv

If you need more than few hours to notice unrunnable things in exactly same game as before, I have bad news for you.

19. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

I think in general the revamp has been great, I am certainly having more fun now, maye thats because i wasn't that high ranked anyway but whatever.
    my compliant is about korona who has lost all of her flavour and is now fairly useless. please can bloodseeker, her signature ability be put back on base? thirst for battle was always an odd option because she was supposed to get the final kill. fine for previously OP champs to be taken down a peg but not to lose all flavour and use.
    thanks

20. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

It's hardly the exact same game as before.

Maybe you are gifted enough to predict how the 1300 totally revamped runes will interact with each other within a matter of hours and how the game wide stat nerfs will affect the outcome of the games aswell as to anticipate every new strategy that might arise from it. Or you are just being short-sighted and knee-jerking.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    Pipster and SPiEkY like this.