Returning player

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Yelmo, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

Been a while since I have played, but someone told me that a revamp was in the makings. I wanted to give it another shot when that happens, so I decided to get going again beforehand so that I am ready once the revamp hits.

I play mostly KF, and was curious what a good KF deck looks like nowadays. Been amost a couple of years since I was last competitive, so my deck is probably not good anymore. I like wizard decks the best, and would like to continue to use them if they are still viable. If not, just something meta in KF will do fine. Most of my good KF runes are in this deck, so that is essentially all I have to work with. Does anyone who is up to date with the current good KF decks have any advise for this deck?

Any comments are appreciated; i need all the help i can get right now XD. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

Welcome back I too am a returning old player I REALLLLY hope the revamp brings it back to its former glory!

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Hey, look, any thread on this forums will be still up to date.
    TheNidhogg defined the new KF meta, with the main things being fae oracles, AoE spam, nora gen with occuli slags and centaur skirmishers with carnivorous vines.
    Karmavore ran an alternative, a highlander bg with more relocation/ap gen.
    You'll find threads from them using the search function.
    Personally, I wouldn't run KF without occuli slags + catharsis bloom as that is kind of the main thing that makes them special, another power runes are garu den mother, queen anaru, flamemage of the circle, elven bard.
    For a wizard bg, you'll want to consider tortun battle mystics as grunts, and wizard of the ways as a enabler with relocate foe and/or relocate relic to relocate the tower.
    Also, in a elf heavy bg you can always consider elven taskmaster and epochal oasis.

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

A few specific criticisms for your BG:

Withering fern is best when you can cc the champ until you're ready to deal with it: soothing serenade, carn vines, time slip, ghostly visage. It MAY not be worth it in your bg, but it is still good as a pers. counter.

You have a lot of aoes (5). It might be worth it to cut back one spell and increase your champion line up by 1-2 (15 is a bit risky imo, especially when you have 14 "real" champs w/chained fae) but several better players than I do it).

Elven Illusionist: You'll find that ghost stalker and flame mage bring just about as many illusions, but extra added benefits as well. Consider swapping them. Both are wizards. However, illusions are best used with tc x 2, which you have, and with slam champions (skirmisher, captain), which are not wizards.

Angel of Restoration: If you are using AoR for DF 3, you may want to consider Avenging Angel or Epochal Sage (wizard). There is a big tradeoff between intensify (which encourages an early deploy) and DF (which encourages a late/mid deploy).

I see (just based on images) 4 melee. In a wizard deck, it seems like enforcer is 2x. Rage of the Circle is good, but you probably want to include escape magic as a protective measure if you run it. Other good wizard tanks are mage of lament (very efficient); warspirit (super champ counter and alt damage). Other good wizards are apprentice mage (harassing/contesting/detect); moon beams (strike; multi; illuminate; possibly cleanse); and elven strategist (bm; relocate). I'd try to incorporate these into your bg. Since you're running wizards, 1x guardian is inevitable for shatter.

You could use some alt damage: one solution is to add flamemages (fire); another is to add burning oak seed.

2x Combined Effort seems overkill w/o slags and 2x oracle. 1x is probably good. It has a short cd. Running bard is a requirement w/ CE imo to help you the turn after casting CE.

Other than enforcer/balance, you are detection less. Consider Seeker of the Source (for a wizard solution) or (better) occuli slags/anaru/vashal ranger(which covers shatter and detect and has a pet).

5. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

6. Yelmo

Awesome info thanks a ton guys! What it looks like im gonna do is wait for the revamp then startup again with wizards, maybe make a more meta-viable deck too. We'll see where the revamp takes us XD

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

your ava isn't a yeti/don't believe you

Yelmo likes this.
  8. osufan777

osufan777 The King of Potatoes

I too am an old player. Been waiting for the revamp to hit before becoming active again. Sounds like there is a somewhat steep learning curve to get used to all the changes. Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. LOL

9. Yelmo

Yeti's are so 2008. elf's are cool now

Imma catch up on the revamp then see where I can go with my deck from there =)

10. Yelmo

Any ideas on what a wizard deck might look like post-revamp? Are they still viable?