Creep Theme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Jun 28, 2014.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Please bring creep back.

Yes, some of us like it and play it.

It wasn't unpopular because we didn't like the concept - it has just been historically kind of buggy and was a weak theme compared to others. I think the creep ability is one of the most unique in the game, so please bring it back.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

I just got the ones I was missing and started experimenting with them about a week before the revamp. :( I hope they get brought back. Even with some of the odd changes, at least give them a spread of creep and/or creep master.

3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

SirHazyrd likes this.
  4. SirHazyrd

SirHazyrd New Member

I've been gone way too long. At the risk of earning ultra-newb status...what is/was the creep theme?

That just made me think of an old PS1 game, Rhapsody, lol.
    [​IMG]

Yes I am aware pancakes and crepes are different :p

5. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Could he be referring to creep & crawl - the spider racial?

6. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Or Crepe & Waffle, the Butterpeople racial.

SirHazyrd likes this.
  7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

fffffffffffffffffff

8. Faxtar

Faxtar New Member

I liked it when it first came out. I think back then it was every time you deploy a creeper in the shrine zone it grew by two, every time you deploy a non-creeper or deployed a creep in a font zone then it shrunk by two, and I think it shrunk by one when a creeper died. Blood Fiend and Carrion Colossus were made honorary Creepers to help flesh out the theme and they worked well in it, especially Fiend because you could deploy him close to the action.

Then it was nerfed a few times, and now some creeps lost creep so it's pretty much dead.

The problem with it is deploying non-creeps hurts you, so you have to go full creep exclusive or you get no real benefit. The benefits of having extra shrine zone aren't worth the sacrifices of deploying only creepers, only from your shrine zone, only while they stay alive. So you have to deploy strange sub-par champs, in a strange sub-par way, to get a small strange bonus, for only a short time. It just wasn't worth it, even if the idea was IMO really cool and let the player change the map landscape in a way that we have never seen before.

(Another problem with part of how the current creep works- Creep grows with getting kills with base attacks. But two of the creepers, Mindthief and Phantasmal, don't have base attacks. And a lot of creeps have/had DoTs, rend, scour, rabid, or auras/pings, so stacking attacks to get the killing blow means a lot of wasted DoT/aura damage that never ticks.)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yeah, creep needs some help or needs to go IMHO.

You'd almost be better to remove the main creep ability and leave a few champs with creep master.