Powercreep reduction vs theme synergy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thbigchief, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- In a perfect world, all design changes would happen simultaneously. This is just impossible of course, but as long as Powercreep reset, thematic synergy and overall min/max champ efficiency all get design sweeps in some type of timely manner I think everything will have promise.

- One issue with this is the likelihood of having to make multiple sweeps on the same champs due to Powercreep tweaks reducing or outright eliminating thematic synergy. Or thematic upgrade choices, if even available , severely gimping a champions usefulness due to power loss overall. Then theme champs being crossover into vanilla meta and the balancing headache that creates.

- So, my main request is...after several Powercreep and min/max sweeps ...D'owls, can you please do a comprehensive theme and synergy focused patch. This patch would focus on existing themes and the direction you have for them. Players would be encouraged to make threads in faction forums for specific themes so the design team could utilize some players concern.

- Players will always find rune interactions and this is important but I also assume runes also are and should be designed with some big picture purpose as well. There is a growing concern that min/max champion soup decks with OP spell list X will not just dominate but be the rule. Otherwise you end up with power "widget" champs that just have cosmetic art and sprites....a pretty overlay of stat sacks going at it.

2. Thbigchief

- Basically weekly patches with patch notes for the next month or so will go a long way

Prami likes this.
  3. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

If you can't put out a handful of meaningful changes every week or so, then there is something wrong with your Dev team.

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

its possible they intentionally poked holes in a lot of existing themes in order to create new design space. I don't remember them saying anywhere that the purpose of the revamp was to provide us with ready to go theme decks. remember this is still a 'content driven' game, which means their number one priority will always be selling you new runes, not in making the entire rune set a cohesive whole. How long is it going to take you guys to get this. The business model is at the core of pretty much all the problems this game has had or ever will have.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. Thbigchief

- If nothing else ragic... maybe all the holes will be provided.... In the new expansion!!! on sale SOON! I'll buy some hole filler, you?

6. Ragic

probably

7. Thbigchief

- "what a wicked game we play..."

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I think I'm going to back and read Flatland and look for a character that's maybe an anagram of Ragic... yeah. That's the only explanation for such a one dimensional view of PoxNora's problems.

9. Thbigchief

- so id like to see another sweep of bugs and min/max tweaking....then a big flavor/theme/synergy sweep of base and upgrade abilities.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He's definitely an isosceles

11. Ragic

Ragic is an anagram actually.