Discussion: Revamp Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 26, 2014.

1. XXKaijuKingXX

XXKaijuKingXX New Member

I would like to address something.
    If Kanens no longer have Crone or Cultist and now have Witch class, then Idol of Kain Taris needs to be fixed to work on Witchs and not Crones. Please address this and thank you!

Tarathil likes this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

@Senshu

I noticed that, in the revamp, the classes Cultist and Crone have been removed. These two classes are still filter options on the Rune Manager.

Tarathil likes this.
  3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It does, it's just the old text.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Thanks for letting me know.

5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

all those options are aviable in Void Rim

6. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Not saying those are bad ideas, but given the limited size of DoG, each one of those changes would take a year (for reference, compare to Faeria which had 1-2 programmers and took about a year to add smarter AI and new campaigns).

7. Valthor

Valthor New Member

So far I'm not sure I can be happy with this revamp. I do get that this patch is not the final finality of finalness but I have a hard time trusting that development teams in general can make good decisions. So many games ruined because of ignorance... Still I want to say my peace. There are evidently many runes that still need work and here are some examples:
    runes.png
    Setting abilities aside. First, take a look at these champions. Which one of them would you think hits the hardest? Definitely not the little guy in the middle! Of course as a Sundered Lands player (and when speaking purely from a statistical point of view) I like that my ordinary soldiers can really hurt their opponents now. However, I used to enjoy fighting the heavy hitting Underdepths champions. That Deep Leviathan's DMG is honestly appalling. For a huge burning hellspawn you could imagine one would look at it and be like: "That thing leaves unspeakable destruction in it's wake!" but apparently I'm mistaken... The lost 10 HP doesn't bother me much though. I don't want to think Deep Leviathan as just a fire status unit. Anyone can see it's a frontline destroyer! Some MOGA hit harder than that thing! Also, that Footman's DMG is too much for... a footman! It seems that the pistol wielding Legionnaire does less damage than a runt with a knife.

Second, what's up with the Legionnaire's Nora cost? Why so high on default abilities (no added Nora cost nor less)? Before the revamp it was acceptable since the Legionnaire used to be one of my most used champions because of his awesome set of abilities. Now he could as well be a clod of mud since you took away Violent, Impenetrable and Defensive Strike in addition to 4 points of DMG (the altered range I don't mind) and gave absolutely NOTHING in return! I thank the God you didn't take Nexus Aura away too. If you're so concerned about range overpowering melee why not let Legionnaire keep at least Violent and give him Ammunition like Draksar Rocketeer has? Seems fair enough to me. Could add that to some other ranged units too except magical of course. Also, upgradable Ammunition would be a nice touch.

I've not checked too many other runes out yet but the point in my post was that giant monsters shouldn't be weaker than common soldiers and that by heavily weakening runes you should make sure their Nora cost is lower too. Not too much but just a little below 80 would be great for the Legionnaire as he is now. It's only fair even if he's ranged. No change necessary in case he gets Violent and Ammunition of course since he still has Nexus Aura and Block.

I personally know many people who spent time and money to build their Battlegroups and then find that all their effort was in vain. So many themes got utterly destroyed. So many runes nerfed to the point of uselessness. Especially those who actually spent money on their now ruined runes have a good reason to be pissed and feel betrayed. Hopefully we can find a satisfying solution to all this.

On the positive side:
    I found the runes' new design much more to my liking than the last one. Also, adding that battle sprite or whatever in the back of the runes was real nice of you. Thanks to that I finally found out how Maxxarek among many others looks like in battle. Making Ironfist Stronghold actually a defensive faction was pleasant too (a few Defender abilities here and there...). Might consider returning to play them again.

8. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

With regard to the new card designs, I like being able to see the sprites for each champion on their card.

The downside is that I now wish to try and obtain an Umbral Wulf, for no other reason than 'its sprite looks cool'. :p

On a similar note, what is up with Akakios' damage? He's a massive Dragon who was apparently granted the strength of the Dragon Gods... and he does a wopping 9 damage.

I guess that Draksar Footman must be stronger than the Dragon Gods. :rolleyes:

Tarathil likes this.
  9. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

I see almost all riders get easy target
    u miss moga huntress and the 2 Rider: Boghopper pls fix it

u can add the list the Bane Shift lonx adept
    and Kas Guide cost too much pls do cost decries
    moga aviator - surge moga rank 2 lol
    moga zealot nice upgrades too
    how about all dooms can lose taunt and get 10 nora cost decries

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  10. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

You cant make that point while ignoring the differences in stats ( spd, hp, def, and range on Legionnaire and hp on Leviathan ) and abilities which can change everything about the champon in terms of roll, how he fills said roll, and even stats.

11. Vamania

Vamania The King of Potatoes

Er, so they can still "see" further even if they are grounded? Wings make you more perceptive even when entangled in a web? Maybe I just don't see how the new kinds of Flight will work.

12. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the buff to Salaman dervish but idk if 11 damage is enough on him in truth I would summon bloodfiend over him without a second thought.

I think base to 6 speed with zerker 3 would do

13. vampirov85

vampirov85 The King of Potatoes

hello really wrong this change SL dragons and really changed everything for several years and collected my runes and spent a lot of money on this so far changed their abilites now have no power and nora cost is much

sorry if not well written I used google translate

14. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

It seems the costs are not equal all the way around. I thought there was a cost point value for everything. It seems runes that were high cost previously still have high costs, even though their abilities do not reflect it. My question is, did you start at zero for all runes, add X points for damage, speed, defense, range and HP, then add Y points for base abilities, then add Z points for upgrades and subtract points for negative abilities? It just seems like you kept the prior values and removed abilities without adjusting the value then added the upgrades. There just seems to be differences in values between X rune and Y rune that do not make sense.

I would also like to see an option to not choose the upgrades if you do not want to use them. For example: Upgrade 1: None/Choice 1/Choice 2/Choice 3. Upgrade 2: None/Choice 1/Choice 2/Choice 3. Of course, adjusting the nora cost as necessary. This will help keep nora costs down for some runes you really want out there and provide more flexibility for creating battlegroups.

15. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Champion "The Doctor" needs either a nora cost increase or dmg reduction to 7 or 8.

16. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

And since you changed parafeed (good change btw), why not other change similar, over the top abilities suchas Stunning on Rupture Alpha? It would be somewhat balanced if it lasted 2 turns... not 3....

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Stunning only effects the first champ to . attack.

18. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I'd be ok with that if they gave the Rupture his Life Siphon back. :D

19. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

"Arise" is a bit off, it should not reconstruct magicians (those are high range rare champs and should only be available from sarinda and stitcheds firsts) it should reconstruct Mesmers in its place (noone plays them and its one of the main stitcheds you need to Merge). It could be a random Blackguard/Mesmer/Dreameater/stitchling.
    Also reconstructed Dreameaters have "shadowspawn" as a default upgrade which doesn't trigger.. leaving them as only low-stat melees.. why would i ever pick reconstruct:dreameater over blackguard if i cant invi them?

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

He's exactly the same as before the revamp, nurfplz