Can we walk about Catharsis Bloom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Truce, Jul 1, 2014.

1. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

There are no consecutive heals during a single turn. They all happen at once at the end of your turn.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Which - as far as I recall from threads on old forums - is a turn of sorts as well. You can always change them to happen one after another, thus cutting their effectiveness en masse while keeping a single bloom useful.

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

So, you think you know KF better than me?

I championed the Healing Deficiency nerf to Slag. I know what I am talking about.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I like how you talk buffs to KF

5. TheNidhogg

You will never see a slag in its current state.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This is the point where we are grateful

something something remove all nora gen from the game would be great

egami likes this.
  7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Do you really think Catharsis/Osarius is balanced? Wow. And we actually know how it works since almost everyone playing KF or UD would probably put 1-of if not 2-of in their BG just to contest a font. I wouldn't use Catharsis for healing unless I'm turtling with Tortun Mortars or something. I'd use Osarius for Fire Acolyte procs and killing someone, but both catharsis and osarius' main use right now.... is to contest a font. No wonder Treefolk Blessing is better. Can TB contest a font? Not so. Its not supposed to be used to contest a font. -_-... but because its darn cheap and shadowspawned...

25 nora shadowspawn and either deals Fire Aura 4, or a pseudo Heal Mass 3 consistently?

The 25 nora as a relic in itself is already problematic. It has 15 hp, meaning it will go down in 2 hits in our current rune power, thats 8 AP we're talking about or 6 AP from 2 diff champs. Just to take out 25 nora.

If we have to spend 6 AP, might as well negate it with a spell, Alacrity/Mobi/PoV to get 4 AP so we get to kill that 25 nora investment you made. Ala/Mobi/PoV costs almost twice of that. While its not wise to compare a relic and a spell, the effects are similar, and any spell on a stick is way better than a spell in itself.

Have you ever play KF/UD? Those guys before and post-revamp, have 2x Osarius, 2x Catharsis Bloom. In a large map, you either cannot take enemy font due to your stealth opp moving around and spamming these relics in all your fonts... You either have to run around the font, while the stealth champ waits until you move your champ away just to contest it yet again., (Detect units are FR'ed)

To make it fair, I think the relic should have more survivability but up the cost so no one can just spam these infernal relics.

I'd say 40 Nora, 20HP. and AoE of its effects is 3 spaces instead of 2 spaces, but damages for 6 damage, and heals for 6HP. Instead of 8...

This way, its 1) less spammable, 2) less significant in its damage, 3) easier to detect, yet more significant.

sure i mean, i can have assumptions on the relic location and is usually right, but most of the time, I have to invest AP or Nora to eliminate it. Its just friggin annoying.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I have to echo Movn and Burn here, Nid. Slags were x2 auto for the longest time, time to shake up the meta. No need to unnerf them.
    How about that Freezebug Keeper though? Thing doesnt even have a basic attack.

9. TheNidhogg

They don't have Nora Miner any more. I don't understand the problem.

10. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

removing shadowspawn to start... lets not over nerf. if it needs more after that they can do so.

11. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Worst case scenario, u contest a font and a champ with detect 3 is deployed, the relic is revealed.>_>

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Tbh, I don't see the need for healing deficiency on the slag, although removing it will have cost implications.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Its either too cheap or 99% of relics released before the last 2 expansions are Waaaaay overpriced. both mebe?

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Every time I see people complaining about this spell, I'm reminded of people complaining about Cadaverous Bloom in M:TG

15. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I see Healing deficieny as a band-aid ability for balancing Replicate in most champions it is present, just like bloodless is for champions with on-death effects imo.
    I prefer seeing him with Detection, Sever Summons, Horrific Aura, or Premonition for interesting gameplay, rather than removing Healing deficiency.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The problem that needed a bandaid was replicate + nora miner being the 1st tier auto strategy for every KF deck. Rushing was unlikely because of the amount of healing and the champs themselves replicating into superior numbers.

So why doesn't everyone do this with replicate champs? Well it's because playing so defensively that early means that you cannot hold quick mid fonts and actively rush into early skirmishes. But that vulnerability was nullified by nora minor being replicated. This allowed for a slow defensive start that quickly built into a crushing lategame, which had its effectiveness hugely aided by the bloom.

So, true, without healing deficiency they can more quickly recover from halved HP, but they are also open to falling behind in nora if they are not sturdy enough to meet early threats.

17. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

It needs to be nerfed to the shoebox. It is that toxic. Coming from a KFer.

18. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I haven't fully thought through the idea yet (it might be too much)...but what about making CB heal only if unstealthed. It's limited to contesting, non-healing role until discovered or (defensively) until the 1st CB spawn occurs.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  19. Truce

Truce Member

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the runes design so there's no need to redesign it (though shadowspawn relics are adebate of their own), KF has always been able to achieve similar effects. The problem is it's doing far too much for far too little. It's covering the abilities of 3 or 4 runes for one slot at a fraction of the price.

20. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

your math and comparisons are nonsensical.

you're comparing apples to oranges. healing in an aoe is a lot better on something that can be targeted anywhere/everywhere/ormoves

a stationary healing battery is a lot lot lot lot less useful.