KF Balance Change Ideas

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Forest Giant- Loses Vulnerability: Fire from base.
    Reasoning- He seems to be a little too cheap because he has two negative abilities. Getting rid of Vulnerability: Fire should up his cost a bit.

Elven Shade- Loses Startle as an upgrade choice. Fearless added as an upgrade choice.
    Reasoning- She got a damage buff in the revamp but kept access to Startle. She is hitting for too much damage now. Fearless seems appropriate enough for her and KF doesn't have many Fearless champions.

Falconer- Loses Race: Beast from base.
    Reasoning- I know most champions with a beast friend in the art has Race: Beast but he seems to be, mostly, an Elf. Bliss is a Centaur who has a bird friend and she isn't Race: Beast, Centaur. He may need a touch more of a nerf but let's start with losing Race: Beast and go from there.

Nectar Fairy- Loses Heal Charged 2 as an upgrade choice. Supercharged 2 added as an upgrade choice. Add Charge added to base.
    Reasoning- Heal Charged 2 lets her do some crazy things in KF with so many Recharges. Supercharged 2 will slow down the Recharge machine while still letting her use Heal Champion once every round. Add Charge is added so that she can support Fairy Trickster and/or Aspect of Life. Add Charge will also make her a touch more expensive.

Timber Wolves- Rabid 1/2/3 removed from upgrades. Carnivore and Omnivore added to upgrades. +5 Nora Cost.
    Reasoning- They are already a touch too efficient and Rabid is an amazing DoT. They should lose access to Rabid, gain a conditional healing, and have a slightly increased Nora Cost.

Elven Stategist- Loses Surge: Enemy from base. Gains Surge: Elf on base.
    Reasoning- Surge: Enemy is too easy to always trigger. Surge: Elf will be a touch harder to trigger.

Tarathil likes this.
  2. Xirone

There are probably more champs that could get hit with the nerf bat but these should be a good start. There are plenty of options for champion buffs, of course.

3. Xirone

Looks like there is a patch today so I'll put these on hold.

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Glad Gedden took into consideration what I said. Hopefully most of you agree with me as far as the power level of our "main" runes are concerned.

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I especially like Elven Shades new change.

6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I just wish they would improve some bad runes when they nerf the good ones. Pick the 10 best kf runes post revamp....oh look they are nerfed again.

Reducing falconer damage, great idea. Removing beast race, guts more theme synergy which is supposedly important.

Elven shade looks more like he did before. Should still be good.

Poor forest giant. Just when he finally stopped sucking.

I feel like the owls are absorbing all the nerf suggestions while ignoring buff suggestions.

Fix elven taskmaster...give him back drive and commander elf.

Give kf back a sunder unit.

Make epochal sage playable again.

Give kf some real tank runes that dont cost 90 nora.

7. TheCitadel

TheCitadel New Member

Posted in the thread in general already but it bears repeating:
    Completly overeager nerf on the Tanglefoot. Multi 3 for Flurry is already a big nerf but then slapping Pariah on that?
    6 DMG, completely defenseless, can't be healed or have spells cast on... shoebox it is then.

Xirone and Gorebucket like this.
  8. Xirone

I haven't had time to try him out but my gut reaction is that a lot was done to him.

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

truthfully i prefer having startle than multiattack because now there not enough champions high defense and shade was the one rune that i used which was able to counter the dmg boost
    also please please give AOR 90 nora so she can use elite blade with all that nerfs in range i want to try use her as tank and range rune and she still worth it though especially with the dmg boost from elite blade
    also again kf need more strike rune for melee (above 15 dmg )

wow with all the dmg and range nerf how is kf gonna survive tanks (yes i'm pointing my finger at you IS ans ST)
    only 2 high dmg for melee is falconer and stratergist
    anyone know how to beating high defense?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

To be fair Kage, KF was coasting in any contest prior to these changes. Now the effect is somewhat lessened but KF is still probably the best faction.

11. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

I liked the shade with startle, isnt she shoebox again ? I mean shes just a autohitter with stealth abilities now.

12. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Forest giant should be a plant or a beast, =P. Poor Frond no longer has gamebreaking flavor text, needs a taunt in the same form to compensate.

Tireless Harvester looks fun, it is in my recent plant/beast/stuffthatisgreen battlegroup.