Revamp Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd personally like to hear your thoughts on the direction you took Constructs in terms of inter-unit synergy. By that I mean how little they have now.

Previously, you had the Engineers who raised base stats and made summons, and had some 'upgrade' abilities sprinkled throughout (Superior Engineering/Build 'em Tough). There were some variances in the levels of Boost, but one Engineer (Tinkerer with Recharge and Spell charged) was better at cranking out the Tough while the other (D. Engineer) had the better Boost. Now they are essentially the same in terms of Boost and Build 'em, and have very lackluster upgrade 'choices'. Engineer has a better Summon, and Tinkerer has a Grant Aura, and a few other minor differences, but they might as well be the same champion.

Previously, there were Constructs who helped out their fellow Constructs. Lodestone Armory brought his friends out of low-speed purgatory with Improve Speed, and Silverclan Hoplite could further enhance the army's tanking ability with Aid Defense atop his Enduring Aura, and an ability (whose name I can't recall at the moment) that rewarded him for being in team fights by increasing his stats for allied engagements. The Lodestone Duo (Armory and Construct) could also pass out equipment to increase their own damage output with Blacksmith Boon, yet SEVERAL constructs gained Unequippable during this revamp, even though equipment was arguably their best sub-module.

Further oddities arose with the case of Groble Rock Eater and Crystal Golem. GRE used to tank Alt Damages like a pro while suffering to Psychic and Magic damage, while Crystal Golem with his Mirrored ability sat in the shoebox. Now the Rock Eater only does what his label says and suffers to Magic (and Acid if you want him cheaper), and Crystal Golem is........still in the shoebox. Because on top of still being an average spd Melee unit, he's still burdened by Lethargic and lost his only self-synergistic ability, Force Barrier. On a positive note, I DO like the option for Calcify on Rock Eater.

And then there is the case of the 102 Nora Robo-...Silverclan Protector. 92 Nora base with a +10 Nora Barrage 3 upgrade. He was the standard for Construct range, and now he's more of a standBY, without much to take its place. I've heard good things about Siege Engine, and Turret Team isn't as bad as it once was, but Constructs are STILL very much lacking in the range department in what has always been a range-dominated game. And as mentioned above, some of their damage mitigation potential has been lost.

One more thing, and I'll shut up for now: Complex Machine is not working. At all. Doesn't matter how many times you move the Tinkerers, the Constructs, deploy order, nothing. The +1 Speed and Regen 2 don't trigger.

2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Was this "yesterday" post classed as tuesday? :(

Hate when there's no actual date :p

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

im just glad to see someone else agrees that a racial ability should be on all champs with that race. im not as stuck on all champs with a class needing a 'clasical'. I think the class designations are still too broad for that.

StupidJerk likes this.
  4. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

I still think Zombie Apocolipse should give zombie plague when there are enough zombies, not swarm.

5. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

So you want to give it an insane buff?

Gwyndionnz and Goodkeenan like this.
  6. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

Insanity. Zombies are balanced as they are! Well, they will be will be once Corpse-o-pult is fixed. I think mortemdeus is trolling, Movn.

7. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Telling people, its not the high priced champs that are the issue, its runes like this. Hyper efficient powerful champions that are killing the revamp not the 80+ nora ones you actually have to think about being able to deploy.

8. Winsomniac

Winsomniac The King of Potatoes

Part of the issue with cost isn't so much that the formula is broken, but that champs that cost over say, 75 nora, tend to be risky removal/combo targets. The same is true of a champ under 75 nora that you apply equipment or a buff spell to.

Two champs for 50 nora each vs 1 champ for 100 nora as an example, maybe the 100 nora champ would beat the two 50 nora champs in a fight without spells/equips or other forms of interference. However, champion based spells/combos such as drown, domi/chasm, metamorphosis, stuns etc make the 100 nora champ very vulnerable (and generally a bad idea).

What's more, two 50 nora champs can capture/contest 2 fonts where the 100 nora champ, powerful as they are, can only capture one.

To be viable, the champs that cost too much need to do something on deploy, on death or have defense mechanisms that prevent them from getting removed/locked down.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I agree. Though it is hard to balance rarity power and skill. The difference in rarity suggests that commons should fall in numbers of 3 -5 before they take down an exotic. However from a balance standpoint that will just not do. Trying to make all power levels even, defeats rarity, where as rarity does not make for a fun skill game, as it would just be much easier to spam rares +. The sweet spot is hard to find, and I have hope that they will eventually.

10. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Winsomniac's wise counsel, in picture format:

[​IMG]

11. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

HowToBasic's wet dream.

12. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

FS. Judgment. Not more to add. But this ability. To Elder Murkwurm and Snaptooth Ancient.

Why other champs got it, Council Elder and Draksar High Marshal, I dont understand.

13. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

But this is only true because the champs that cost under 75 are basically just as strong as the ones over for the most part. If they were weaker, as in actually weaker and had to earn their value like the higher priced ones it wouldnt be as much of an issue.

Instant kill mechanics like ride down, or cliff diving, or bastions combo attack, etc only exacerbate the real issue.

14. kinembe

kinembe The King of Potatoes

hey gedden, the game sux worse now than before the revamp.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

one thing stayed the same though, people are still making forum alts to say the things they don't have the guts to say with their mains

StupidJerk likes this.
  16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Bazinga!
    Truth

17. Farce

Farce Member

For the love of god stop forcing FW units to take curse. Jesus christ.

18. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

So long as DOG hasn't addressed the faction/theme/race identity, that was removed with the revamp, I'm really not terribly interested in anything else that they do.

Stop spamming Nature's Blessing on everything. Stop spamming everything on everything. PoxNora at least had character before DOG got their hands on it. What does it have now?

super71 likes this.
  19. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

It has owls.
    Check. Mate.

Prami likes this.
  20. Dtail

Dtail The King of Potatoes

Any chnace draksars could get a racial that isn't just you know...regen, i liked violent or something of the sort