DOG's stance on... "unruly" players.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rokkushun, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Pressing buttons so that a drawing of something hits another drawing in a computer game is a more traumatic experience than saying "IMMA **** YOU ****** FUGGOT BIATCH" to your opponent when losing said computer game.

Watching a Skeez die is my trigger.

I just got baited

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Quotation marks won't save you. Your choice, noose, stake and fire or guillotine.

Rokkushun likes this.
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I am tickled by those that want the topic off the 1st page, and then make a post requesting just that. Ironic.

Rokkushun and Oldmaster like this.
  4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

sticky requested

Rokkushun and DarkJello like this.
  5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Are we not Drawing and Quartering anymore?

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

your use of profanity in making your point that someone should be censored is ironic. did you intend the irony or do you think censorship is only for other people?

DarkJello likes this.
  7. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

That's exactly it. He's an *******. Anybody looking at what he's saying is going to see what he's saying, say "That guy's an *******" to themselves, and then ignore him. New players aren't going to look at that behavior and then decide that everybody in Poxnora is an ******* who supports assholery, because they've all encountered ******** before in every single public forum they've ever visited, even real life ones. The guy is receiving punishment for his actions, because everybody he does that to hates him, and he'll eventually just run out of people to abuse - because nobody is forced to take his abuse. The idea that it's DOG's responsibility to censor him when every individual person already has the ability to censor him is just silly.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Wisdom is being taught here. Evolve and such, cause of coolness. Don't cede your power to curmudgeons. +1

9. StupidJerk

Tabula Rasa died ages ago, though. Like, it's not even a thing anymore, how can you even use that as an example of success?

I won't deny that a lot of people here are really condescending and full of themselves, but that has never been ban-worthy on any site that wasn't run by a bunch of nazis. If you see someone being a piece of trash, they're not going to instantly explode as the goderators smite them into oblivion. It takes reports and time for a ban to even make it through - and in that time, you could just as easily have ignored him and never, ever see anything he says again. Why is that such a bad thing? One could argue that being unwilling to do anything yourself and "sweep the ******** under the rug" on your own is just as complacent and toxic to the community, if not more-so. Ultimately, the biggest influence on your gameplay experience is going to be yourself.

My philosophy is that if somebody's going to be an unreasonable douchebag, I'll try to talk sense into them. If that doesn't work, then I simply stop and disassociate myself from them, and I lose nothing from the exchange besides a little bit of time. Knowing when to just ignore somebody is part of being an adult, because mom isn't going to lecture mean people anymore.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  10. StupidJerk

Rokkushun and Astamir like this.
  11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

hahaha holy Bane Shift

Rokkushun and StupidJerk like this.
  12. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I love this community.

DarkJello likes this.