Zombies

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Jul 9, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

They need alternate damage other than physical and disease. Currently playing against any construct bg is almost an instant loss because they are strong against both disease and physical damage. Maybe get a few magical zombies in their or fire or anything really.

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Soulreave.
    Dead fairy
    Fleshblight witch
    Reapers Blade
    But yes, Z vs C is a uphill strugle.

3. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

It was before the revamp as well.

4. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

For now I would suggest mixing in liches or witches for damage alternatives. Liches can provide magic, lightning, ice, or fire damage variation readily along with a group of good stock abilities that don't depend on synergy. They are a more expensive back line but 3 of them together more than make up the cost if you can pace yourself. I personally went with a zombie/lich split for now because of their toolset.

Witches can offer ice or magic, alternatives and their aoe curse / support(although diminished now) can help at decent range.

Neither really enforce the theme but they get around the massive hurdle that is disease damage and how it can be made useless on so many levels much like fear.

5. super71

Already doing this man but thank you for the advice i just mean for the theme to move forward at all i'd like to see alt damage on the zombies themselves.

6. BansheeX

If High Warlock gets Zombie back (and I do dot understand why he lost it) it would be a huge leap in the right direction.

gillo likes this.
  7. Hardes13

Hardes13 New Member

I dunno why they removed the race zombie from the high warlock anyway? after all it´s notbrining any improvements atm, right?
    It´s the old problem. I think undead is no race, but a condition. Also not fun because "lets make undead themes in Fw"

8. super71

Yeah i'm pretty sure i posted this somewhere already it's stupid he isn't a race at all anymore.

9. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

The problem I see with this is that disease is the zombie alt damage much like how if your UD it's going to be fire, and ST for ice. It just happens to be however that disease is still and has been the worst damage type in the game. IS /FW are almost entirely immune via construct/immunization/ cleanse/boon, FS/ST can certainly mitigate it's impact, and SP/UD would struggle but not be overwhelmed by it. Can't use disease on shrines.

Zombie design in itself has always been odd. Poor amp options yet a focus on disease alt damage, Swarm mechanics but poor group oriented support, strong melee by FW standards but not strong enough to actually frighten anything in the UD / IS factions. UD being more damage potential and IS being downright more hardy.

So either disease damage is made better (I can't see how) or we go about creating new identities for FW as a whole. Skeletons are the only theme to really break the mold as far as unit balance. Zombie can be said to be strong melee/ weak range/ support moderate/ damage variation poor. Lich would be weak melee/ strong range/ strong support/ damage variance high. Skeletons could be said to have a combination of both which makes their over all much better than either. Do we homogenize these groups to all run under the balanced skeleton unit template of equal parts melee/range/ support/ damage type or do we try and reconceive the old identities? I think that is the real food for thought rather than just trying to throw on a magic attack here or there.

I believe it was left the way it was in the past because players were expected to pull from all undead but now with more attention being put on themes there will hopefully be a restructuring for more balanced unit placement among the entire faction. Maybe that would be a good project to start on. Restructuring who fits where for Human/Lich/Zombie/ Spirit/ Vampire. I've almost given up hope entirely on mutant.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  10. kasiski

kasiski New Member

Poor High Warlock, poor everything I traded for 2. Any word on if he would get the race zombie back?

11. BansheeX

Not that I have heard. It would be nice since he really doesnt fit in anywhere except Meta good stuff

12. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Just curious, what is is actually worth using Ravish on? I am guessing summoned units only?

Also, the cooldown seems a little long now for what it does.

13. BansheeX

Ravish doesnt work on summons,only real champions.
    A champion almost dead is the ideal target for some extra damage and getting the globe yourself. BileZombie or Voidhowler is also ok target in the right circumstances. Rider champs if tehy are near dead is ok as well I guess. Mostly it is lackluster for its effect and ap cost though.

14. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

It would be nicer if, at 20%, it used the max hp, not the current.

I could see the reasoning when it was 50%.

But now, even on a 75hp champion, it would only grant 15hp on a cooldown of 4. I mean, Drain 2 does more than that and doesn't need to kill the champion. Though I suppose the advantage is max hp.

15. super71

I'd just like to see high warlock as a zombie again and them to remove race undead entirely it's really silly atm all of fw is undead except witches.