Magic Amp ~.~

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well I've been messing around with this BG for the last couple days now.. Given the design of the bg I expected it to flop fairly quickly, and not be able to keep up with this hyper efficient meta. After some tweaking and hard testing, this BG is by far my new favorite to play, and again by far one of the more powerful BG's I've been using.

MAGIC AMP o_O

I can get into the BG if people are wanting to know who/what/where/when/why :)

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

[click the green text :)]

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I've played a similar deck when the revamp first launched and loved it. I've also seen Karma play his deck with great success. Magic Amp decks can be quite strong!

4. Xirone

What's your take on Starlight Sylph? It seems like she has a number of things that could be quite deadly in a magic amp deck. For example, Encouraged and several stacks of Magic Amp could get good quickly. Starlight, also, could probably one-shot a champion with the right buildup.

5. Xirone

Also, not that is it needed, but with one more Grimlic's Mirror, you could get up to 50% Magic Amp (x4 Garu Chosen + x1 Throne of the Circle). Each Garu Chosen has Motivate so global +4 DMG and 50% Magic Amp is nasty.... if you can actually manage to get it all out at once (which would be a feat in and of itself).

6. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Feel the need to point this out since I've seen him about a few times, would this BG hold up without AA providing the bulwark you need to get all your set-up complete?

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

AA helps out with the initial set up, however even at 110ish nora I'd still be running him. He's just too Firking good not too, and sometimes I don't even draw him until later in the game.
    ~
    I was thinking about taking out Grimthir for a couple matches and trying out the Slyph, honestly she looks like she'll be a absolute monster. Just a tad squishy, and I think if I was going to actually put her in, I'd have to shift the bg's style a little and make this more wizard orientated. So we'll see, maybe I'll make another BG when I return from work tonight.

8. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

looks fun!

9. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I've been running a similar one as well. It's a lot of fun. I use the sylphs and keep them in the back mostly using swap to bring deploys forward. Her magic boost attack is amazing when it does 27+ damage. Mena's grant magic aura is really fun with +50% damage.

dsjtheman likes this.
  10. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Out of curiosity, why aren't you running a druid? Has a magic attack and physical attacks and provides detection. Is it because he is not a wizard?

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Too many 2x2's as it is, I mean I'd really want him instead of Falconer. But yeah, to many fatties.

12. scrampy

Ahh that makes more sense

13. Skatalite

Skatalite New Member

awesome bg, what upgrades u use forest dragon and garu chosen?

14. Skatalite

Skatalite New Member

bump

any response?

15. Xirone

Garu Chosens with Impenetrable and Revere: Thirion.
    Forest Dragon with Regeneration 1 and Revere: Thirion.

16. scrampy

60 nora thirion...still not as bad as ancestral avenger

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

My bad sorry, I take regen 2 for an even 75 on FD. Yeah impen/revere on chosen :)

18. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

About that; I've been taking Hibernate instead of Impenetrable and it's been nice being able to let loose a surprise 1-4 ranged, double tap every now and then. I haven't tried Impenetrable yet, but would you say it's consistently better than Hibernate?

19. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I take it 2x Garu Chosen is a must for this battlegroup due to amplify magic? I do not have Grimthir or Dugon either, but I do have 2x Starlight Sylph and 1x Menlaus I could add. I also only one one Stellar Horizon. Wow, I also don't have a Rage of the Circle yet. Other than that, I'm good to go. But the 2x Thrones probably aren't quite enough magic amp at 20%. At least until I can acquire 2x Garu Chosen and another Stellar Horizon I'll have to put this one on hold. Grimthir, Dugon and Rage can probably be replaced cheaper, but not the Chosens.

20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Hibernate could be good in some cases, but generally I feel impen is far better given most situations. But that depends on your play style I suppose. So there's that to consider.

Yes Chosen for 20% magic amp w/ x2 throne for grand total of 40% + spell resistances + magic nova3 on all wizards.
    Grimthir is a personal choice obviously, easily replaced by mena which is superior in some cases. Dugon is another person choice, mainly used for AoE power turns and catching my opponent off guard with a +3 dmg global boost.