What to play now?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by daeminicus, Jul 10, 2014.

1. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its alot try and error atm, but I hope the start to get it balanced out soon.
    Like Chronomancer at 84ish nora! She cant go above 70 or she wont be played.
    Or AA at 84 nora! Insane.

2. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

The huge, sweeping changes are frustrating. I still like playing around in some unranked games, but can't take it seriously until stuff settles a bit.

daeminicus likes this.
  3. JayZillaGT

JayZillaGT Member

nohkan grandmasters make my crystal deck playable again. i like to bounce around with ST alot, i just run em in a font with fascinating sapphire and imbue illumin. fun times

4. JayZillaGT

JayZillaGT Member

also the recosting of the crystal drags since they lost swoop

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

really?

while looking through the runes beast meat sticks looked good to me.

plenty of choices for good stuff bg's

it's not much but it seemed like something

amp is dead for several reasons though you could still pull it off if you really wanted to force it, strig don't really have enough choices but several of them are solid, crystals seemed lacking since endless devoution is on upgrade for almost all of them forcing you to give up what usually makes them good, their are alot of good yeti's imo, and lonx seemed to be lacking as well.

their is also alot of new tricks you could build decks around that might be fun.

6. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

soo elaborate ??? i am all in for broken stuff :)

7. daeminicus

Seriously, I am bored with ST atm. I am trying to come up with new bgs after frost got killed.

I tried on alt beast deck with some succes, but I want some new, it feels like we all got the same the same all the time.

KingJad likes this.
  8. undred

the funnier things i have tried was a summon based beast deck , we now have 3 surge beast units and all of them are rangers , making them equipable with darious favour , 40dmg gnark with strike is precious :p

the other thing i tried is an adaptive based deck , lot of snow and cheap spell like soul frost and such :p

Goyo likes this.
  9. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Lonx are really the only thing that interests me in ST xD and Yetis. Both seem kind of underwhelming lately though according to the real ST players. :(

KingJad and Goyo like this.
  10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

to add icing to the cake ferren are even squisher nokhan now

11. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

KingJad likes this.
  13. undred

either you have a lot of weird runes in there , or they got buffed .

why would you run jangar architect ?
    or 2x iceshards and no amp unit ?
    ailur concord ???
    snowblind>shield
    obelisk is a waste of nora in my oppinion , unless you are digging for something
    ferren hideout is not that good , same thing about glacier engine
    lonx beas tamer is not worth a slot in non-beast decks , in my oppinion
    2x darious favor ?? you must really like arrowshot :p

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

ferren hideout is good
    snowblind i agree with
    i personally like ailur concord especially in lonx bg
    2x iceshard is a waste of 1 bg slot, Goyo has alread ypointed out Ice shard does not stack to you
    the rest i don't really have an opinion on

15. undred

i used to run feren hideout prenerf .
    ailur concord is good on a lonx deck , but he is building around declare target and frost

16. calisk

hmmmm well imo any rune can be good in the right hands, you just need to know how and when to use it.

that said rune have situations when they will win you games, you can either force the game into those situations, or run a rune that is useful more often.

you also need to consider when not to use a rune, containment unit for example is a great rune, but if you are facing fw, or a faction with dispel you are wasting your nora, nhk is great but if you opponent is fielding aoe champs then it's not going to carry very well.

so far I haven't seen an st deck theme that isn't to some degree viable, and their isn't a single one I couldn't use into limited league.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

*There
    Also, this doesnt mean anything, because anyone can play at Limited league these days with even a deck full of commons. All that is needed is play a lot of games, since there more or less 100 active players around.

18. calisk

Well the best deck i can think of might hit a 50/50 against trees atm, so I don't think any st deck is rank 1 viable broken.

We have the edge on the current meta ud decks.

Everything else we are at worst a decent match up.

Limited is indeed easy to get into, but it's also the highest place to reach for aside for rank 1, and sorry to say trees are better.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed.
    And no need to say you are sorry for stating facts. I also could think of a few more bgs that would be better than the ones is ST, but thats besides the point.
    Point is we need to be encouraged to play themed bgs again, not only meta mish mash gimmicky bgs.
    I find that unflavorful and sad.

20. daeminicus

Themes is what make this game great, not take-what-the-strongest-meta-your-faction-have and play!

Themes! Strategies! Tactics!

Not-deploy-and-win!

Zythraak and Pedeguerra like this.