Vampire buff?

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by MakarovJAC, Jul 21, 2014.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I don't know if this is going to get read, but I would like to ask for a fix in vampire themed bgs. I have been playing a lot in ranked with them, and they give me the feeling that they rely heavily on bloodcrest and dead magic zone.

I played them in a Bleed-focused setting, and they seems to do great. I like that, but if you don't have Bloodcrest, or Dead Magic Zone they are as good as dead. They also have this issue with terrain restrictions where they will be defenseless if they have to move through obstacles.

Another thing I noticed is how expensive they can be. The low cost figures they have got are scarce, and sometimes, they force you to play one theme since the upgrades avialable only increase the cost towards different themes. I found playing Bleed is cheaper than Dead Magic Zone or Life Siphon themes. Nora speaking.

I think the theme has potential, and in-game it's quite competitive. It just can't win against exploits.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

while they are at it please DOG fix liches as well they are way to expensive they need few more cheaper melee runes like reaper

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Try focusing on blood magic more. I haven't tried it in PvP, but in PvE you can run a few blood magic champs in, then they act as an AoE of life draining.

4. MakarovJAC

I have been playing Blood Magic since I noticed all other setting are not as effective in PvE. In PvP you seriously need to have DMZ and Bloodcrest to enhance survival. Even that is not a safe bet, since you either leave some champs uncovered in order to keep the crest as far as possible from enemy ranged; or you risk it to be OHKO (One Hit Knock Out) with an AOE. I supposed Resistance Magical was made to counter act spell damage, but anything which can cause Knockback will be used against the relic.

Also, Blood Magic heavily relies on Elder to enhance healing, which certainly is a game saver. Still, the Elders are incredibly weak due to their long minimum range. They literally must be put far, far away. Anyhow, if she gets engaged, she's most likely to die since she can't run-and-hit

As a matter of fact, of in order to reduce costs, you must rely on Bleed. Doing so removes Life Siphon in most vampires. And Vampirism is too risky since it also grant the opponent the same healing. Still, most Vampires will only deal 11 damage, meaning that Bleed is still a far more effective healing over Life Siphon.

And that is just a part of what I discovered while playing Ranked. I still have to talk about Detection, Stealth, Faction Flavour, Spells, and Debuffs. They have this powerful abbility, Blood Magic. But only 2 or 3 vampires have something else for when it is on CD, if they got BM.

IMPORTANT: I HAVE NOTICED THAT GREATER VAMPIRISM IS BUGGED. EVEN THOUGH LIFE SIPHON STATES IT IS VAMPIRIC HEALING, IT REMAIN UNMODIFIED UNDER THE PRESENCE OF IT.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

6. MakarovJAC

Ugh, it's official, Split Vampires are unplayable.

7. Krakuar198

Krakuar198 Well-Known Member

Not so. My one friend made a split FW/UD blood BG and it was wicked strong. He still plays it and it is still strong.

8. MakarovJAC