SP 'GoodStuffs' BG

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Xuvali, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hi Guys,

I'm interested to know what champs you think are worth a slot in a Mixed SP BG or 'Goodstuffs'

Champs/Spells/Relics/Equips of course.

For me although I've only recently started playing again i nearly always run the below in Theme or Mixed;

Vicious Harpoon
    Cleansing Emerald
    Rock Trap

Edit*;
    This is the current setup I've done as well if anyone cares to leave an opinion;

Angel of Chaos
    Dirge, Moga Lord
    2 x Firebomber
    G'hern Sustainer
    2 x Hyaenid Spearman
    Kanen Scavenger
    Klub, the devourer
    Lance Admiral Sceian
    Moga Cannon
    Pox Harbinger
    2 xPox Renovator
    2 x Voil Stormflyer
    2 x Voltaic Slag

Alaclarity
    Avalanche
    Nublin's Surprise Meat
    Vertical Push
    2 x Whispers of the Mind

Cleansing Emerald
    Rock Trap
    Thunderhead Totem
    Tribal Post

Slaver's Whip
    Vicious Harpoon

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Well it depends on how much of an *** you want to be because all of our heroes are super low cost and are auto includes because of it. Other than that it seems solid to me.

Also, bb where u been? :eek:

3. Xuvali

I'm certain you remember how much of a *** I was with SP back in the day. I assure you I've not changed on that front.

Thanks for the Info DMr as well. Great too see your still active.

Nubron I've been playing LoL and a game called Path of Exile mostly. Bigtoastie swayed me into coming back here :D

4. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Ghern Taskmaster n sustainer are both decent (sometimes good) undercosted stuff even in non moga. at least thats imo.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  5. Xuvali

Can you explain your reasoning on the Overlord - I cant justify running a 5 speed, low damage champ just for relocate Foe.

G'hern Sustainer however does have some rather nice abilities on it.

Conduit 1 - Sustain - Battle Harden - Resiliant

In addition can drop Overseer down to rank1 dropping him to a low 49 Nora.

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Run one angel. At her new place two is overkill. I run only one Moga Cannon, but two Voltaic Slags. range 6 sunder is great. I run g'hern thrower in most of my decks too. 67 is a bomb price for his kit

7. PurpleTop

Oh and also, what do you have for shatter? obviously we have diamond mace if you feel you need it

8. Xuvali

Yeah i did originally have Slags in but decided on cannons over them. I can't test properly until im home at the weekend (currently in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games).

As for Shatter - I really couldn't decode what to go for. So figured id test without and then if i find im struggling look into it further

*Edit: I will make the changes to range as PT has suggested and update as this BG has not been tested yet and my old SP brain isn't yet functioning to the degree it used to.

9. PurpleTop

Main reason I don't run two cannons is that with the deck having a lot of high profile mele champs such as Sceian, Klub and Dirge, and I tend to group them up in a phalanx of sorts (I run G'hern General to avoid enemy spell spam). Artillary can really get in the way when this is the playstyle. Their alt damage, mobility and range is great, but only having one is all i really need. It's a matter of opinion tho.... they certainly do more base damage than the dissapating Voltaics. I just really like sunder..... especially with the magic bomb from angel and the -1 defense each from Poison and Scour on hyaenid spearmens (those dudes are so good in pairs!).

Also check out firebomber. Currently running one just because I like having multiple bomb abilities available in my deck to counter Defense and stuff. You'll thank me the first time you face trees.

10. Xuvali

Yes i absolutely Love the Hyaenid Spearman and having 1 for each degen works beautifully. I do run Firebombers already. Same reasoning as you, like my bombs :D

11. PurpleTop

Ah didn't see firebomber in your opost, my bad XD.

I run mine at 78 nora with bomb 3 and Char 3..... my other DOT champs ar all at rank 1, so I wanted one with alt damage to have rank 3, and it fits super well on him. Especially when he is boosted buy Sceian and Dirge (or ghern general) to have like 18 damage. The 15 fire DOT comes in real handy.... especially vs trees :p

but I do only run one... and I would suggest doing the same ESPECIALLY if you continue running two cannons. UD is dominated right now by fire immune champs, plus of course their avatar is fire immune so I don't want to have too much fire in my deck. Lightning is always a safe alt damage. Ritual Cultist is fun for more bomb too (and for some heals if you don't like Kanen Cultist).

EDIT: sadly I don't think Harbingers fit the meta very well right now.... maybe just one just for initiative

Also, add me on League

12. Xuvali

My Harbs won't stay 2x. I just like them so much haha.

What Server you on? I'm on EUW atm

13. PurpleTop

Ah gotcha, yeah I'm on NA so unless you have a profile there we probably can't play together. I'll probably eventually create a profile on EU

14. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Sorry my bad, G'hern Taskmaster.

Sustainer gives a good HP:Nora while Healing becomes much more prevalent given that DMG and one-rounding is generally weakened postR. Especially this type of healing with Sustain. Sustainer can not only help you font deny, but defend your font. I like using her with Slaver's Whip for Drive AP sinkhole too.

As for G'hern Taskmaster, he can be an AP engine if needs be, and a cheap one at that. Our options for AP generator involves a small amount of options w/ Slaver's Whip becoming a pseudo-AP sinkhole w/ Possess is on CD. Other than giving Drive all around, if you're lucky enough to get in range, Declare Target can really be a surprise factor. As for stats, I believe he's not over-the-top, just decent.... But at the very least he has my favorite Attack Type: Whip [basically saying Reflexes/Evasive? I neglect those.]. . . I like him because of his flexibility for offense, or mobility support. However, he's not as tanky as he looks. I guess he already has more than just one role, so that's good enough for me.

And savage boar is also not bad. When you count G'hernbound sure its bad, but when you compare the cost, he's not bad with Charge 3 and Slam. Attack once, and charge for 9dmg or 12 given a ghern is around. 13 if you count banner. I use him as a road blocker.

And also Sauropod have entered the meta. I used him since even pre revamp in splits, and as of now, he's way better. I used to have 2 but people have started using 2x2 champs more often, so I only keep 1 to go up against small champs. If needs be, he can go on the offense contributing a small amount of damage, can be an AP sinkhole too with Slaver's Whip/Harpoon.

15. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

What server???

16. PurpleTop

oh and Also I'd say drop lightning storm or Piez for an alacrity

17. Xuvali

Yeah i do like Alaclarity. Will have to consider it

18. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Don't forget ancient slags and goliath fesh!

19. Xuvali

Updated Post to show what my Battlegroup currently holds.

Trying to work out what to drop for either a good shatter/disarm/recycle champ and I'm looking through detection units aswell.

*Edit* I'm thinking Nublins -> Diamond Mace

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Our best shatter champ is probs voil nighthawk. Is g'hern general still worth it?