[MAJOR] Single Player Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Morfeas, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

At some point, I clicked on playing a single player campaign, and then picked the part I wanted to play and the colors went grey-ish (the way they do when the game "locks in" your choice, before the loading screen shows up) but the game freezes right there. Unable to switch tabs. If you go back to the campaigns tab it seems empty. Restarting the client, it functions normally for the multiplayer part for all I know, but if you try to enter single player games, it freezes again - therefore playing single player is as of now impossible for me. Don't know how to reproduce, what caused it (or if you guys caused it temporarily with an update or sth), and if anyone else has it. Good luck :)

Edit: confirmed others have it too

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. Morfeas

I am now able to play Single Player. Weird.

3. Morfeas

...buuuuuuut all the "give-out" campaign are locked again.

4. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

The campaigns re-locking has been an issue for a while. Restarting the client usually fixes it, if not then restarting your computer, annoying I know, tends to fix a lot of these seemingly corruption based issues.

5. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I was going to play a single player as well, and all of the campaigns I had are now locked. =(

6. Morfeas

As of now everything is fine for me. Some green input would be nice though.

7. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

Not working on my end. Restarted client a number of times. I might try again after an hour lol. But I have seen this problem before. Recurring issue.

8. Morfeas

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, this is actually two bugs happening at once. First there is a bug regarding the Single Player needing to be restarted around the early morning e.g. 3AM PDT. This is a slow process because we need to be careful that addressing the problem doesn't cause a more sever problem. This doesn't happen every day, but we are doing what we can to get to the bottom of what is causing this to occur.

The other is an issue with accounts that went through the migration process where if you enter a campaign and then click the Campaigns button to return the the Single Player lobby all your campaigns will become locked. This is another one on our list to address, but it becomes a priority decision as to what is the most important to address.

I hope that helps :)

10. Morfeas

thanks boss