WyrmPriest - good start

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wyrmpriest
    • Starting abilities: Attack: Magical, Immunity Magical, and Regen 2.
    • Path1: Rite of Creation, Rite of Power
    • Path2: Ritual of Destruction, Ritual of Power

BUT BUT

he is still 78 nora for

9 dmg
    6 spd
    2-4 rng
    0 def
    43 hp champ

HE will never see play at such state.

Considering that his abilities have CD of 3 and they are shared.

Ravenspeaker can deal vs summons every turn from nice rang, for 2 ad.

Proposed Solution

70 nora is max i would pay.
    Sermon is welcome on him, since only Sermon champ is Leg and hard to get, (insted of immun magical or so)
    make Rite and Ritual abilities NOT share CD so he can use them accualy more then once in game.
    Lower CD of Rite/Rituals to 2 CD max.

Considering that we cant produce much summons / cheep real champs on our own this wont change much anyway.

discuss

plax no trolling or so.

P.S Sorry for my english, hope it is understandable.

st3ck and SaintKiwi like this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

id start u

;)

3. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

ur turning me on every time u post :)

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

5. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

Good effort I would say. Ritual abilities are interesting and welcome on him, but still so much wrong with him. As the OP said... shared cooldown is just ridiculous. It's already punishment enough that you have to destroy your own champ. Then it's set on a 3cd?

Keep the ritual abilities the way they are since we have decent(ish) summon fodder with the new ravens and the totally amazing Valdac. Okay, maybe not the best.

Rite abilities in SL seems just pointless in general. I mean, it's not like SL's thing is keeping a champ alive whether it be regen or bodyguard. I can hardly think of any moment that I wish I could sacrifice my champ that has regen unless it's diseased and the DoT will kill it. Also, Ritual of Creation is a bad choice since most Draksar have access to Regen 3.

I would suggest changing the first upgrade path in general. Since I've played, I've wanted Wyrmpriest to be runnable. It has really neat flavor, but it just doesn't work in SL.

BurnPyro and Faust like this.
  6. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Splitting Rites on a different CD from Rituals is not a bad choice. Tho maybe what we really need are more Rituals, as popping summoned units is more aligned with SL interests.

Kampel likes this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Copied from the Community Patch notes thread:

I would like to see abilities that have a shared cooldown looked at. I mentioned this in an FW thread that was discussing Stitched, since reconstitute abilities have shared cooldown too.
    Think of Pizza Hut in the late 80's early 90's. If you ordered multiple pizzas, they had a promotion where the first pizza was regular price, then additional pizzas were 4 bucks.

My thought would be to do the same thing for shared cooldown abilities. Any other ability in the game, my champ pays the full nora cost for it, and I can use the ability any time I want, and it cools down according to that individual ability. Its nora cost is based on the combination of that effect, AP cost, and cooldown time.

With Rituals/Rites/Reconstruction, I pay full price for each ability still, but the shared cooldown prevents me from using all of the abilities I'm paying for whenever I want. The additional abilities obviously cannot be free, since I still have more options than someone that has a champ with only one ability, but it also should be less than the full amount.

Poxbase has the Rites/Rituals at 8 nora each, and Reconstruct at 12 nora each.

I looked at Dodge (8,10), Block (8,10), Pummel (8,12,16), and Barrage(6,12,15). Dodge and block cost 2 nora more to have a cooldown of 1 instead of 2. Pummel costs 4 nora to go from CD3 to CD2 and 4 more to go to CD1. Barrage costs 6 to go from CD3 to CD2 and 3 more to go to CD1. I know these abilities don't directly translate, but it gives us an idea what cooldown changes cost.

By having 2 abilities with shared cooldown, the cooldown is effectively doubled. Not quite since you could keep using the same ability instead of alternating, but almost.

In the case of Rites/Rituals, I feel that the cooldown is 6 nora of the 8. I say that because Motivate is 7 nora, and provides a permanent +1 damage, where the Rite/Ritual of Power is +2 until end of turn and requires a champ to be destroyed. I actually think Rituals should cost more than rites since the wording doesn't state it has to be your own summon, but that's a different topic.

So in the case of Rites/Rituals, having a second ability that shares cooldown, you are paying 12 nora in cooldown costs, but essentially getting 6 nora worth of benefit. My thought would be that the first Rite/Ritual a champ has would be 8 nora, as it is currently, and each additional ability sharing the cooldown would be 3 more nora. I say 3 and not 2 because you still have the flexibility of using one rite/ritual repeatedly instead of using each one half as often. That gives you an average cost per ability of 6.5, a 5 nora savings. If there are ever champs with 3, it would be an average cost of 4.66, a 10 nora savings, and with 4, an average cost of 4.25, a savings of 15 nora.

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is an actual thing now? I approve of this summon-fuel direction for SL :p

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Especially if Broodlings are summons.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

SP benefited too, Kanen Crone also has a ritual. :p

11. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

When was the last time SL got an interesting mechanic? Probably Transfusion.

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Judgement, then it got spread everywhere. Revamp kinda axed that.
    Locust Swarm, only to lose it to FW.
    Petrifying Gaze, then it got splashed around randomly.

I'm forgetting a bunch.

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Got nurfed, got nurfed, good (FINALLY) a shatter spell, I guess spamming Rumblers is a thing.