Can we revamp the Council?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cydna, Jul 24, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Balance wise we're worse off than before and the patches aren't exactly doing much about it.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

maybe if we just nerfed valdac

3. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

I think the way the council works is what needs to be changed. I'll give an example from how another game runs their dev cycle as a great foundation.

1.) Pick a number of players for the council.. it doesn't have to be one per faction, it can be more or less, personally I'd say a few more is better, and an uneven number to prevent deadlocked voting. The player base as a whole brings all the assorted rants/whines/ideas suggestions and conspiracy theories to the council.

2.)The council looks all this over and agrees on what are the most pressing issues, hopefully leaning towards big and balance fixes. This information is brought to the devs, not just what the worst issues are, but solid suggestions on how to fix it. Conversation ensues, fixes are agreed on.

3.) Posts are made, confirming what is and isn't slated for the next set of changes and then patches are made.

4.)People naturally piss and moan over their personal ideas not happening, but we already have that. :p

5.)??

6.)Profit.

Of course there is a lot more the setup in the game I'm referencing, but since this is a much smaller game in every possible sense, this basic approach should function well enough, IF the council works smoothly AND if the devs actually listen to the council. As it is, I think there is far too large a lack of information coming from the devs to us about what they have planned.

There's no chance to give feedback or commentary on things, it's just pushed out, then we pick up the pieces, see what did and didn't work, whine in many redundant threads while waiting for the next set of mystery changes.

Thoughts?

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

hrm, youre right. let me rephrase, just give it 4 spd, and flood the game with counters to its only ability... done.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Not really tho. There's not uch more luidicrousness than before.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Too much fundamentals are messed with atm