Vex

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sealer0, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I get it, I'm in the "scrap wellspring so I can get a playable Vex" camp since day 1

It's a gimmick. Sometime if goes off, most of the time it's total trash.

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- If I was in control, all the damn SL heroes wouldn't be dragons...then you could make wellspring just affect dragons and actually have vex not always be mentioned every month. They shoulda had a skeez, drak and dragon hero and some fun mojo from them for the themes.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah having to adapt in a game is hard. I can't play the same way I always do, nerf.

Heroes are going to get nerfed anyway, no idea what you guys are crying about.

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Why you would be against changing wellspring is anyone's guess. I'd rather have a hero with some cool abillities, then a hero with 1 abillity which is broken 30% of the time and worthless otherwise.

Also, should we laugh when they nerf valdac, menalaus and grimlic?

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

See when you say 'nerf', you don't mean 'change'. Terminology is key. If Vex should get reworked, sure. If we're talking straight up nerfs, let's wait untill the hero nerfs come through. After that we can still butcher her into unplayable as usual.

6. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why not swap deploy charged for death charged 1?
    this gets her vamp-up time but also makes it hard to just "sit back and win" because you have to actually kill things to keep it up, and with it losing a charge every time it prevents a death it's pretty much a 1-attack sheld

7. Anrioch

Anrioch New Member

just give her deploy charged 1 and consume 5 charges or something like that. at last is the only champ in the game with this ability.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  8. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Vex doesn't need to be redesigned the problem is she gains charges to quickly and she sits 8 spaces away from the champs you killed 3 turns ago. At max she needs 2 charges and probably a good 4 when devine wellspring is activated along with a range of 1-3 or 1-4 sounds fair. I don't understand how it was a good idea to anyone to let Vex have deploy charged 3 when your champs die in the range of wellspring is only -2 charges.. So if you deploy 2 champs Vex can save any champ 3 times lol..

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This guy has some good ideas.

In that build, she becomes 60 nora though

10. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

I vote a real rework of well spring, but good alternatives should be left to sl players

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Plus the body, making her some 140 nora again

You sure you aren't overpricing the ability?

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You mean how she would save 1 person from 1 attack for every 5 deploys?

Even you can't be that stupid.

13. Boozha

And then also be a big fat dragon .... Y'know

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm not paying 90 nora for a mediocry bruiser who can bandaid a champ 3 times per game. Not sure why you're so upset about Vex, but something is clouding your judgement here.

Either way, like i said before, heroes are all getting nerfed so stop crying yourselves to sleep over mediocrity.

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Old Vex was as bad but at least it had a semblance of board presence.

This one is hurr durr dmg and nothing else.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Aside from wellspring only useful if in 1-2 range. No more flamethrower or cleansing breath. 90 nora to let that champ sit back and hope our opponent can't deal with it

17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'm working on the assumption that it will get axed.

18. Boozha

Stop being so hissy, I keep thinking of your statue and can't keep myself from grinning

I'm just annoyed cause FS has a hell of a pain with her; no FR or the likes, when Vex was more common I ran sirens song just for her; luckily other factions have kinda countered her off the board

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Stop making silly statements then so I don't have to retype everything three times

And god forbid FS can't just drown something they can't deal with for once.

20. Boozha

Dunno, someone else started with the silliest of statements claiming Vex should be 60 nora

I mean lol