POXBOX.net - Be careful when trading.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

This is to alert the community on the recent case of Multi-accounting and price manipulation on POXBOX.
    Copied and paste from POXBOX Homepage.
    By the way, blacklisting isn't forbidden in Poxnora forums when under Desert Owl Games, according to my observation regarding past and present threads. It is to help the community and to raise awareness.

"(Edit: after some cooling down my anger a more correct message, excuse me for it, everyone was right to point me on it. However I am still hunting everyone down who did get runes by this exploit)

Naturally you all have noticed I made a HUGE mistake in pricing, very bad for me, luckily poxbox wont die from it BUT

Of a few I already got my credits back. Now you can understand this is a HUGE hit for the store! I do suggest everyone to get the runes back and I have the credits subtracted with some left there for honesty."

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    claydude5 and xhammy like this.
  2. xhammy

xhammy New Member

Can't believe such people exist, I'm hoping DOGs will help POXBOX in this case, since POXBOX is a well-known and reputable store that help the pox-community many times.

claydude5 likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Cool I was first

kinembe, Ballballer and HandOfTheKing like this.
  4. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

To be fair Burn, it just screws it for other people. Not so cool dude... not so cool.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Even with all the value he lost, it was merely a drop on a hot plate compared to what he has hoarded. If he chooses to change things because of this, impacting other players, that's completely on him. He doesn't have to change anything to 'survive' or 'keep the store going'.

6. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I'll be honest, you make a pretty shitty Robin Hood.

Roger Road and DarkJello like this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm not handing out free stuff, Kharon did though props to him.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@OP, you should understand the legal ramifications of privacy violations before you publish emails. That is, if you are in the US.

You got scammed, ok, that's terrible. But to be fair, it's not all that dissimilar from the way we are treated when trading stuff in.

When I first started trading with pox box stuff was max 20-30k creds. If you don't consistently trade stuff in you come back in 3 months to everything costing 200% of what it did meaning your stored credits are constantly devaluing.

I'm not knocking your website, I think it's great. I use it and love it. But you have created this atmosphere that allows for the price manipulation to happen. Have some accountability in the matter.

PurpleTop and kinembe like this.
  9. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Your lack of integrity is rather disappointing. PB employs many questionable pricing strategies, but that doesn't allow you to differ responsibility for your actions.

10. gabby

gabby New Member

heeby = hospy

heeby traded in 3 mikas = hospy traded in 3 mikas

SaintKiwi and claydude5 like this.
  11. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

I want to post this here as in the Mika thread:

You can ask them politely to return the runes, but dont insult them being scammers or threaten them with making the IPs and Emails public - this is really low.
    (It was an exploitation of decondors fault - not nice, but no scamming)

One can not know if it was intentional or not - I thought for instance maybe Decondor wants to make this as gift for 1-2 trades just to give players something.

For Instance:
    If you have a cleaning service at your home you should not have money left open as the person could think of it as a tip/gift.
    If you then gonna fire him/her or say publicly that he/she is a theif without asking politely to return the money (what he/she maybe would and even apologise for taking it!) its definitely wrong!

Actually If I would have traded a Mika in It would not take me a sec to give back the runes if he would ask me politely but now I would not give the runes back unless decondor apologises for the threatening and stuff.
    Some of the Mika traders might be intentional exploiters but some may are not.

12. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

Whether decondor's action to price Mika so high was intentional or unintentional, it is wrong to exploit a flaw in the store.
    This case share similarities with my recent situation when I had to face the music because DOGs intentionally or unintentionally create a rank checkbox.

Baskitkase likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh I'm not saying what I'm doing is justified in any way. Though the pricing was neither my doing or plan, it's hardly as if I stole or scammed from him. Though I was obviously aware that it wasn't his plan to put Mika at 2m.

14. kinembe

kinembe The King of Potatoes

Decondor...what comes around goes around, eh? hahahahaha hope you're glad you banned me now. hope it was worth toe 50k you robbed me of, you thief.

yep, i was one of those who scored on your stupidity yesterday with my alt and my IP Blocker...even though you "banned" me. lmao nice try douschey! told ya you can't ban me!!!~!!!!

keep raising your cash store prices and blaming the community.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uh. Do tell how he robbed you?

Grillado likes this.
  16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Between this and Xirone's forced resignation, our community is rapidly revealing itself as a bunch of self-interested ********. hOspy isn't that surprising but Burn is, since he seems to do a lot of things to make the game better and is generally involved in the community in a good way.

The rationalization I'm seeing right now looks like the kind people use to justify stealing from a big corporation. While I personally believe that sometimes theft is justifiable (starving family etc.), in this case not only are you stealing from an individual but, since poxbox is essentially a stock market for runes that reflects supply and demand, are stealing from the whole pox community by removing higher value runes from the store and driving their prices up.

Kharon is straight up taking advice from the Prince (not a book of ethics BTW) giving away someone else's fortune to look good, but even those gestures pale in comparison to what poxbox has done, and will do, for the entire community. If poxnora is on life support, poxbox is one of the nurses in the background.

This whole thing is pretty shameful.

17. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

This just show how sad BurnPyro really is ...

18. gabby

gabby New Member

well said davre, what those ppl did was beyond imaginable. SHAME on them especially the guy that traded in 3 mikas when the maximum u can trade is 2 at a single point of time. Double exploitation for HEEBY.

19. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

You can ask them politely to return the runes, but dont insult them being scammers or threaten them with making the IPs and Emails public - this is really low.
    (It was an exploitation of decondors fault - not nice, but no scamming)

One can not know if it was intentional or not - I thought for instance maybe Decondor wants to make this as gift for 1-2 trades just to give players something.

For Instance:
    If you have a cleaning service at your home you should not have money left open as the person could think of it as a tip/gift.
    If you then gonna fire him/her or say publicly that he/she is a theif without asking politely to return the money (what he/she maybe would and even apologise for taking it!) its definitely wrong!

Actually If I would have traded a Mika in It would not take me a sec to give back the runes if he would ask me politely but now I would not give the runes back unless decondor apologises for the threatening and stuff.
    Some of the Mika traders might be intentional exploiters but some may are not.

20. gabby

gabby New Member

7 mil profit off poxbox .... wondered who that person is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.