POXBOX.net - Be careful when trading.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I think we fundamentally disagree on the basis of morality. You seem to think of it as "what can I get away with".

Grillado likes this.
  2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Blacklisting is a very fine line so we will not say we support the action. It does serve to help warn other players about potential troublemakers, but it can easily move into the realm of bullying.
    Just to restate our stance because it is thrown around the forums that like as shown above that DOG will be in any way involved with resolving this type of issue. Anything that occurs on a 3rd party site is up to the 3rd party to resolve. We are not going to police the internet for the actions players take outside the mediums we control. Anything involving trading runes is done at the player's own risk, which applies to using a 3rd party interface.

We only provide support regarding the data files that sites like PoxBase use so that their information is accurate to what is currently deployed in the game.

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Not necessarily. I will do what I find morally right. If the code of ethics for the society under which I live disagrees with my morals, I will be punished accordingly.

I find it morally ok to smoke weed, for example, but my state deemed it ethically wrong, therefore it is against the law. I will do it following my morals however if I get caught by the party enforcing those ethics, I will be punished.

I could go start my own country and make a code of ethics that totally agrees with my morals, and if I smoke there I will be doing nothing ethically wrong.

4. PurpleTop

Morals and ethics go hand in hand, sure. What a code of ethics is is a collection of "rules" designed to accomidate a group of people who may or may not have differing moral standpoints. Because of this, people will always morally disagree with one point in that code of ethics or another.... it differs from person to person. The code exists to try to accomidate as many peoples' morals as possible.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Legality and morality are two things you are confusing far too much. But I can't be bothered further, as you probably noted my answers already get shorter and shorter.

6. PurpleTop

No im not..... I just know what the definition of ethics and morals are. Ethics=legality=/=morality, plain and simple. Legality is an implementation of ethics

7. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Somehow, I always thought that Burn would already have all the runes... Not sure why he would need more...

Anyways, poxbox already had a lack of runes and now there's even less. Yeah I don't like how his trader glitches and gives me less credit than what his trader promises on the trade screen. Yes I find how he keeps a lot of runes in only the cash shop annoying. But at the end of the day, I still find Poxbox a valuable trader. Tcgbay/poxportal became inactive after I stocked some credit in there. Poxbox has so far been quite reliably open.

Anyways, now there aren't a Hyaenid Stalker in the market now. So much for saving for it :(.

8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Bravo!! +2,000,000 (just grabbed a # completely at random). ;)

9. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

No... Ethics is a code of conduct built around morality. Legality is a code of conduct built around not getting caught breaking written rules.

Legality requires external enforcement. Ethics should not.

Entrepidus and Grillado like this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I never said I was giving them back. Decondor posted that when I was having a chat with him. I never once mentioned anywhere that I would give back those runes. I did say that I was not sure what I would do with them.

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

not necessarily. in a society its not required that everyone adhere to the same morality. thus to say your set of morals should be law is false.

12. kinembe

kinembe The King of Potatoes

so when decondor banned me i wanted at least to get something with my remaining credits and he told me basically to stop whining and go away. well he calls it whining when i can prove how he scams the community. so after he banned me and stole my accumulated credits i can only thank good ol karma for biting him in the ass and even more so for allowing me to take part...oohhh revenge is sweet.

i do regret not taking my time while choosing my 3.8 million worth of runes, but i was afraid he'd correct his mistake and i'd miss my chance, so i chose hastily. nevertheless, i'm sitting here with a shitty grin on my face admiring all my fancy new legendary champs :)

also, i have to thank LordLegato because i probably would not have noticed the price error, but since he posted in the message box i was alerted to the issue as soon as i signed on...

LordLegato
    I really want to put Mika in...over 2 million points? What, just a heads up, that's got to be a mistake.

now, how's this sound? i give back the runes but you change the 6 runes that you hold back to 6 in stock before any go to your cash store. that's right, you wait til there are 6 runes in trader before any go to cash store. and i will give back my 3.8m.

13. allyorbase

Morality is always individual, because it only determines a person's view of what is "wrong" or "right" based his/her community's code of ethics. Morality and law are not the same, ever, because the law tells you what you cannot do and what happens to you if you do it and get caught. Morality is a personal, completely psychological transaction. One system is entirely external; the other completely internal.

PurpleTop likes this.
  14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

kinembe is so classy.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. allyorbase

Yeah, kinembe is clearly a royal *******. He's going on and on about how Decondor screwed him over, but with his language and anger, he's making it sound like the ban was probably justified to begin with.

A little tip for kinembe: if you're going to be a petty d**k, don't try to paint yourself as a victim in the same breath.

Entrepidus and DarkJello like this.
  16. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

The ethical thing to do here was decondor privately message all people who traded in a mike and offer them 200k trade in for free if they undid their 2m mike trades.

If they said no, he should have suggested or helped kick start a new player event to get a bunch of runes in circulation.

Boat has sailed, anger rules the day and now we all get to watch the show.

And quite frankly, who cares? What if mika had lost a 0 in trade out? Do you think this same scenario would happen?

Oh the pox drama. I hate to post in this crap of a thread, but for some reason people whining about this is too ironic and stupid for me too pass up.

BurnPyro likes this.
  17. allyorbase

It's not the premise of the thread that had me interested; it's the content: the sheer volume of "me-me-me selfishness." It's a good opportunity to get a compiled list of which players I will never, ever trust.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. PurpleTop

this is exactly what I have been saying.... I don't know why people think otherwise

DarkJello likes this.
  19. allyorbase

Because they need to.

20. PurpleTop

I guess so. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.