5% for legendary really , really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firk, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

5% is totally fine.

2. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Even at 5% we will be flooded with legendarys in time. The forge will keep a steady flow of exos into the communities rune pool. A new player starting the game will actually be able to play what they like. More new guys will stay. More oldies will return. More people in ranked. The owls have got this right in my opinion.
    Give it time to build guys. Gedden says hes open to changing the numbers so lets see where it leads.

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I don't know, it's relatively hard to say. Even now with how expansive the Rune Pool is, we almost never get exotics donated in and we just can't maintain a stock, perhaps that is because they were so rare that they could only be really transacted through things such as TCGBAY or PoxBox, but then again, I think that in and of itself is a testament to how rare these exotics and legendaries will be.

From how I understand it, many people had extra gold lying around, and thus are buying plenty of boxes, thus this is giving a huge influx of the number of runes and I don't believe will be really indicative of the stock to come out. Right now when we are able to buy so many boxes so easily, it's easy to say "WOW, these will really be flooded!", but given time, gold will run out, people will need to grind it again, and it won't be so easy just to obtain a box or a pack of runes.

I think it might be a bit too hard of a reaction, I'm going to keep this thread in mind, but I'd be curious to see what happens by the time summer hits, I would expect it might go back to how unobtainable the runes are again.

Shuyash likes this.
  4. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well I look at it this way. The avg player probably plays enough pox to buy a pack every 3 days. Go with a ballpark figure of 300 regular players you have 100 packs a day. Going by the 5% that's 5 new legendaries a day being made available. Compare that to the last 6 months of soe and no-one buying anything due to fears of pox dying. Even sought after rares were impossible to get on PB things were that grim. We will see but anything is better than the limbo we were in.

An influx of new runes into the playerbase should stimulate more trading. Day one of life under the owls I have 2 new themes that I never thought I would get to play due to rarity and cost. The tough exos to get like demonveins, magnates, vixen, battlemage, stitched tyrant and first and imperators are theme enablers.
    UD really scored big time here :D
    Anyway that's my 2 cents during maintenance.

Trestia likes this.
  5. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yup, you are missing trade, u can probably trade nearly 1 for 1 now. Or C/U/R's with rune pool at least. Everyone assumes crafting runes is best option, and should be aimed for, it's actually last resort of getting runes IMO.

6. Trill

Trill Member

Agree one hundred and ten %!!!!

7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Forget trade value. This is a great thing for the game. RUNE ACCESSIBILITY has cost pox so many players, with this now looking to be massively improved, we should hopefully see a big boost in player retention.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I think 5% is more then fine and yes these runes need to populate in order to have an adequate chance at facilitating trading for new and old players in an adequate time limit.

With the grouping of extended/core/expansion you now have a LARGE random factor of the LEG you will get but a much better chance of actually getting one to trade. So actually sharks have not been left in the cold with this change as trading has been essentially mandated.
    You will find a lot more traders looking for the LEG.

9. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Legendary prices are still gonna be obscene and will be fairly inaccessible.

Especially now that exotics are more common and therefore nobody will get away with exo -> leg trades (which is one of the ways I was able to obtain them in the past)

I genuinely don't see how I can get legendaries i'm missing other than spend an absurd amount of money on boxes and crossing my fingers. Which i'm not going to do. Which is going to lead to me being frustrated when I want to play the game. Which is going to lead me to not playing.

Guess how many people are in the same, or similar, boat?

Still you worry about clinging to value in a game that has always struggled with playerbase because of such issues. Hilarious.

But you can boxes for free with gold you say?

28,000 gold
    ~150 gold per game
    Call it an average game length of 20 minutes

28000/150 = 186.6 games
    186*20 = 3720 minutes
    3720/60 = 62 hours

I would need to play SIXTY TWO HOURS of pox to pay for 1 box, which has 1 exo guaranteed and a slim chance of legendary.

(I don't know the gold earning formula exactly, maybe it would add up to slightly less time required, but even so it would not be significantly less)

Zenity likes this.
  10. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

sooon all will have the leg and they will be worth nothing ;D just a commmon rune i quess

11. Regulate

Pretend you are a new player. Tell me how you would go about getting a legendary?

Please include the amount of time or money you would need to invest to be likely to acquire it.

12. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

maybe you right as i had gold for two boxes when i transfered but still 5 exos and a lege is to much from 2 boxes..
    dont forget you can forge runes and buy more exos.. its just to fast i think , i think it drives ppl to get there runes that they want and play games
    dont know if its a good idea to just give away exo lege runes like there common :/ it lesss exiting when you get them.
    I look at exo now like there common realy :p... lege are now the one to get, but soon those will be common aswell ;D am afraid
    I love colecting runes but now i feel like they are given away.

Btw i still wil buy boxes for 100 euro just to support DOG for giving life to pox , but i dont need tho as :p i have all runes i need and more ;D and with forge i will have even more exos (they realy realy need to make a slide to the forge as it will take weeeks to forge so many runes)

13. Regulate

You do realise getting that amount of exos / legs from a 2 box purchase is unlikely?

I bought 6 boxes (when they were bugged at 2,800 gold) and got 8 exos, 0 leg.

If I had bought those with money that would have been 180 dollars for 8 exotic runes.

Those 8 exos are totally random and may not be able to use them, though (or they may be outdated and rubbish). But don't worry, I can melt them down for 2 exos that I actually want - thanks rune forger! Now I have 2 exos for my decks for almost 200 dollars.

Hard to sell anyone on the idea of that.

(Yes, I realise the amount that I got is somewhat under average probability, but I would guess it's more likely to get this distribution than a 6 box purchase that includes a leg?)

Edit: I double checked and I got 8

14. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

really? am i that lucky? ;D Bane Shift and i did even get those nice exos from late expentions wait i whent on rune manager just to sum them up so i got :
    Bliss the muse
    Phase spider
    Rapture Alpha
    Soulthirster
    sratlight Sylph
    Firk prophet

and a rl friend of mine got 4 exos out of his 2 boxes :p so i dont know if there so uncommon maybe you got unlucky ;D

15. only

only Active Member

I do not understand why LEG are not for forge/shard system. increase their availability in packs and let them circulate naturally.

a box perhaps should be somehing like 1 exo and 1 legendary with % to get even more.

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you cant forge legs, but you can get legs from packs. the only thing to consider now is how hard is it to grind for the gold needed to buy a pack. with the bot server down, there is no good way to tell that. but if I cant forge from scratch a solid lich deck within a month using their f2p system, then their f2p system will be even worse than SOE's was. Jury is still out but as of now, not too impressed.

17. only

only Active Member

once again, why is everyone explaining me that I can't forge legendaries. I'm not asking IF I can. I am asking why. LEGS could be just exotics. I mean isn't 4 rarity tiers enough?

18. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Contrast and compare to the current Pox state. I'm pretty sure numbers are close, one year to grind for everything (non-LE/Leg of course).

I haven't played LoL for a year yet, and I'm close to have 100 champions and I have access to the most-used runes and some not-that-common ones (hybrid quints and marks and so).

In any case, the current Pox is looking brighter than anything we used to have around.

19. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

I sort've agree with what Shakira123 said. I would rather LEG runes just didn't exist. Screw the super collection and hardcore side of obtaining runes. Who wants that? Just elitists. IMO at the VERY least LEG should be forgable. If you want to make something hard to get and highly coveted, then release some Limited Edition stuff, but please don't make them runes you actually need to play the game...like LEG runes. I understand this is your first draft, but if you take advice from the people I see around here talking about making things HARDER to get, your game will die and your investment will be for nothing.

The idea is to get more people to play. Have new people come in, see a really neat faction idea and be able to go and look at the forge rates, packs costs etc and get them excited that its obtainable. In the current iteration of the model, I don't believe that's how new players will take it. Especially considering they don't have access to the most competitive runes...the newest set.

I'd also like to point out that I agree with what 'Regulate' has said in his previous posts. It could've been said a tad nicer, but I agree with the basics of what he is saying.

20. only

only Active Member

well, training grounds will be epic once they make proper decks. it has rotation and decks cost 1k gold. I guess it will be the way to play for new players, using non editable decks.