The state of hippos.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by profhulk, Jul 29, 2014.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I understand the need to nerf hippo stampede. However hippos losing amphibious creates a big problem when trying to use the spell considering it's in a faction that has a million impeding water spells. Please consider giving hippos back amphibious. Also gore is a hippos signature dot, and that being said I would like to request Hippo Rider be buffed with gore. I don't think that's a big problem gore costs 2 nora. Hippo love please and thank you.
    [​IMG]

Anima26 likes this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Agree on giving amphibious to hippos, also, I would love if they could be affected by augment creation.
    gore on hippo rider, though, no. I want crazed charger on him

3. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

+1 on amphibious for sure.

+1 crazed charger... lowering charge cd by 1 is good too

idk about you guys but i find myself not wanting to run instigator anymore, no more declare and fearless, and concealers lost mark. so for those not running those 2 champs, hippos got nerfed real bad, you lost so much damage when factoring all those nerfs

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

crazed charger on hippo rider sounds even better and goes along with the flavor text.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I want a Hippo theme in FS. There's already good support for it with Huntmaster, PHS, Huntmaster's Charm, and Hippo Rider. We need to flesh the theme out a bit by releasing the Pygmy Hippo as an individual rune, then making more hippo champions. Stuff like Hippo Thunderer (frontline DPS hippo with Pummel, Attack - Electricity, and Unstoppable + Berzereker), Hippo Cannonballer (stury hippo tank that launches itself at people like a cannonball; maybe give it Massive Leap and Clamp), and Super Party Hippo (crazy hippo magic wielder that makes every other hippo want to get up and dance; give him Arcane Dance, Motivate, and Blast).

C'mon DOG, show some love for the fatties of the swamp!

Qucas likes this.
  6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I was thinking in the future we might delve into some creative new runes for this hippo theme. Something like Hippo Lord. A slow feral boghopper wearing the bones and teeth of dead hippos as armor and weapons. He could swarm hippos, be a bulwark for hippos, and train only hippos with special abilities. His reign would know no end if he were created and I would build his army. With our newfound army we could breed new hippos, better, stronger, and bigger. Hippo alphas with swallow whole. Kamikaze suicide hippos with exploding poison bombs attached to their heads. Darkmarsh hippo fanatic druids that could shape shift into hippo men with huge teeth and an appetite for trees and other beasts.

7. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

hippo with swallow whole would be so tasty

8. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I would likely give DOG my bank account to make that happen.

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

HIPPO LORD 2015!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  10. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

big ol' Hippie-ei-o Lord

with like Vengeance and Hippo Fury (whenever a real hippo dies this champion gets +2 damage for 4 turns. If a summoned Hippo dies this champion gets +2 damage for 1 turn)