Community Patch notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 25, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Updated with the stuff that people seemed to like.

Again, please like posts that you agree with. Still waiting for more opinions and proposals from you guys!

2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I just solely lost to haunting grip and haunting spirit, so yeah, runes requiring hard counters are always fun.

Ballballer and HannibalFee like this.
  3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

IDk if I should put this here or not, but I want to.

Been having a lot of talk about Shallaxy and her blank-ness here, and I wanted to shotgun those ideas to this thread.

One variation was to move her range to 1-2, change Rend upgrade tree to Rend 2, Illuminate and Distract. Change Swap Upgrade tree to Swap 3, (2 maybe), Gravity Well and Teleport 1. Keep hit and run I guess. Then she isn't boring as a dirty sock. Obviously a cost hike would happen, but I would still support. I could see battle drum replacing the swap 3 upgrade instead.... I'd really like to see that put back on her.

Lightning Elemental: Less of a problem. Some ideas in the SP forums were good, I liked the simple idea of changing his range to 1-3. Then some QOL changes to make him cost less, somehow.

And then, of course, the SP heros all need a cost hike just like just about every hero in the game. Oh and our titan is too cheap. Oh and put Gore back on Cave Dragon. It was fun and flavorful. Those are my thoughts! XD

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    Sirius and SPiEkY like this.
  4. PurpleTop

Oh and cyclops... lots of people been calling them overpowered lately. IDK maybe it's because it's the best deck for Klub to shine in, and he is hyper efficient right now. It's also the only viable theme to run SP's only viable Battle Drum champ (since Shallaxy lost it :( ), there are many theories. My theory though is it is the only BG in the game, really, that uses [almost] all 2x2 units, and iirc dmr said that 2x2 equates to a (-5) nora adjustment. I think that (-5) might be to0 cheap, because all things considered there are plenty of benefits to having 2x2 units (as well as drawbacks, of course). I think that the cost oif 2x2 units needs to be hiked to (-2) or even (-1). Think about it.... having extra foot room gives you A. More range and B. (in some places) another extra pseudo AP. Oh and C. allows for walking over some chasms. Do that change and I think Cyclops will be much less of a problem than they seem to be now.

5. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Its tribal hut, sibling provides to many free stats

6. PurpleTop

oh yeah well that's true too.... Sibling has needed a hit for a while imo

IIRC they tapped it, but it wasn't enough for the most part

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Community please

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I didn't post anything beyond a link because this thread seems to defeat the purpose of the individual faction forums. If we start pulling all suggestions over from them, what's the point in posting them there in the first place? I feel like this should be split up and remade in the respective forum sections. Then, after enough feedback piles up for each faction, pull the top 5 requested/support changes over at a time to be spotlighted until included in a patch or officially rejected by the greens.

This keeps the discussions separate and focused while the "Community Patch Notes" thread actually lives up to its name by highlighting only the changes that make it through the culling process. If this sounds like too much work for you I'd be more than willing to help organize it, I just don't want to step on your toes since this was originally your idea.

To help facilitate this, the Greens could sticky one thread in each faction forum and general for this purpose, specifically.

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

There exists the general impression that faction forums don't get read much. Idk whether that is true or not.

11. PurpleTop

For the most part, it's true

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

A change for reckless flight:
    • Reckless flight: This champion has flying. Every other turn this champion gains wandering unless it is grounded. This effect cannot be cleansed.
    This change would consolidate 3 abilities on a champ into 1. Gain control could be removed from the game while the flavor of the champ is retained. Since backloaded Nora is removed via gain control; front loaded deployment cost can be increased to nerf glider. I'm unsure of the effect to the skeeze sniper tho.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Interesting change, I'd say it's definitely a buff though so the nora cost would have to be upped by some.

14. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I agree it's a slight buff but it also justifies a significant font end cost increase which glider at least needs... as in the "drawback" cost reduction abilities are removed along with adding this ability.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Senshu

You can close this thread. There's no point trying to make reasonable suggestions, your patches have told us as much.

16. PurpleTop

So I saw a bunch of spells got updated..... wondering why things like Call to War and Groble strike force havn't seen any changes

17. Dtail

Dtail The King of Potatoes

Buff draksar archer

add violent

18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

If you are giving up on this thread at least add my suggestion to front page Dx