Could we make Totem of the Fallen not complete trash?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 31, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, if we're going to pretend that we actually buffed Valdac

Or make it work on say, dragons?

2. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Give it lumbering and -25 nora

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I agree with this. Flat -25 nora should make it runnable

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It would be great to see it more useful. I would prefer it stay skeezick focused.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Okay

Snogvie for demi god 2014

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Don't forget valdac's brother vindrax and their mother, vex.

7. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Totem of the fallen is fine as is. If you're looking for discounted demi gods for use with valdac play more aspect of violence.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Seems fair.

We can't get elitest up in here, spread the love

9. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

And Dreadnought :p

BurnPyro likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So fine there's absolutely nobody running it in Skeezick.

Anyhow, AoV is just a dumb rune. I would rather see it destroyed and lost forever.

11. Schmacko

I would take your "nobody running it in skeez" comment a little more seriously if I knew what you really meant wasn't nobody in the top 25 running it in skeezick.

He's pretty cheap at 68 nora. He heals, blinds, changes attack types, and has a come into play effect. He's kind of a cool thematic rune. He's not something you should be looking to change to get some kind of use out of the Valdac soul thing, because those two runes don't really belong in the same bgs. Focus your efforts on something useful like getting Demi-God added to the Avatar of the god of Destruction.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You mean like devilsrath running Skeezick at rank 1 without even considering Totem? Or should I notify him that he's got no clue on how to build good bgs?

68 nora isn't costy. Lumbering also means that he's a horrendous draw early game on most maps, especially in Skeezick.

13. Schmacko

No, I've watched him play skeez at one. What I'm saying is not everyone can be Devilsrath. Other than him how many top 25 players play skeez? Say you change totem and now Devilsrath wants to play it. Something is getting dropped. Are you going to advocate those other skeez runes get buffed for Devil's consideration? There's only 30 rune spots in a bg and Devilsrath can't play all the skeez runes in one skeez bg. There's always going to be stuff that doesn't make the cut in the top meta. Always. But there can still be runes that are fun and thematic and semi-competitive outside the top 25. You don't need to waste time and energy on trying to buff those runes.

Also your op really made it seem like this was getting brought up simply because of Valdac, which I haven't seen Devils drop in his skeez bg either.

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Wow, I was under the impression that they already were.
    Rectify this soonest, please, DOG.

Also, play Ambling Frond with Valdac for lulz.

And we need a Barbarian Deni-God, so we can have a unit with race and class reversed (seriously, who decided demi-god was somehow a class?)

15. Schmacko

This would make Valdac explode :(

BurnPyro, Emries and Qucas like this.
  16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Right after ambling frond becomes SL so it doesn't kill our heroes.

17. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

No, it's better this way. Valdac explodes, and immediately gives his buff to make Frond cost less.
    Pro tech.

I'm pretty sure the purpose of the ability is to make Valdac himself cool down faster, and nothing else.

18. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

i hate how it has lumbering just give it lethargic. I would be fine with that

19. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It's a totem, so give it Immobile and make it a relic?

Ballballer likes this.
  20. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

god No

21. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

ftfy