Why aren't you selling shards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilsrath, Mar 9, 2014.

1. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Seems like a missed opportunity to me

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

You can buy packs, and in a sense, shards as it is?

3. OmegaDrake

OmegaDrake The King of Potatoes

Yeah you can, but that requires more effort to go through and actually break them down. If they made the average amount of shards gained from a pack for sale, with a price slightly above the packs, it could work too.

4. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Also buying cards just to sacrifice them seems inefficient.

I also think they should sell shards. That's what a new player wants anyways.

5. Vamania

Vamania The King of Potatoes

On the topic of shards, will we be able to trade them with other players? For example a trade of two runes that don't quite match in value, toss in some shards rather then low end runes?

6. ZexuZai

ZexuZai Well-Known Member

Sell shard packs of 100 for a couple bucks. Good for letting players grab a little extra to finish off an expensive forge. Packs are still very much in demand for chance of good exo's, the only chance for LEG! and for new expansions and filling out their runes. Fact of the matter is. Selling shards wouldn't hurt the packs. Too many things you can gain from a pack .

7. only

only Active Member

what if packs/boxes would give additional amount of shards on top of cards?

8. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Hrm… I'll have to think about it. I feel it would be somewhat awkward to just sell the shards outright, but I can see the argument for it. Would probably make crafting easier, but not sure how to really price it. At that point, it would essentially make almost a full "single rune store" as you could buy any given rune by spending x amount of money on shards, which may or may not be truly beneficial.

9. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

like u wasn't able to by gold

10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- If you can buy shards, then its just a hop and a skip to just outright buy the runes you want which hurts sales. If I could just buy dust in "hearthstone" I would just get the legendaries I want and never buy packs.

11. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

u can get leg with shards

12. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Selling shards would be very similar to opening the single rune store, except runes of the same rarity would sell for the same price. It seems better than buying boxes (which not only is a large investment for someone new to the game, but also unlikely to give runes that go together), but it's not ideal -- I see it more as a last resort or a way to use extra runes to fill holes.

I think one good way to do it would just be to sell packs whose runes come from a smaller set, rather than all of the runes in the extended set, or basic set. For example, packs by faction.