Dustbunny

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Pico, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

An old idea of mine I am reposting for the second time! Was well received, and I still love the concept :p

Dustbunny
    "Dust to dust.. to dust.. These things create FAR to much dust, send them back to the Bunny Lord you fool!" Korona, Bok huntress to Grimlic.

UD
    Beast, Elemental
    Wizard

Rarity: Uncommon/Rare

DMG 5
    DEF 0
    SPD 7
    RNG 1
    HP 40

Attack: Fire
    Lord of Ash

This champion has +1 DMG for every 2 champions occupying ash terrain, not including itself. Opposing champions occupying ash do not gain the evasive benefit and gain Inexperienced 3 and Charred 4 at the end of their turns.
    Dust Cloud (Passive)
    When this unit is successfully damaged, all spaces within 3 spaces become Ash for 4 turns.
    Immunity: Physical
    Leap 2
    Traill: Ash

UPGRADES
    Assimilate
    Split
    Leap 3
    Regeneration 2

2. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

The surge part of Lord of Ash seems ok but the part about evasive benefit is probably overkill. I'd drop the part about inexperienced and evasive, UD doesn't range that much anyways.

3. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

It seems you may have misinterpreted me, Ash already exists (in the form of Breath of Ash the spell) and gives an Evasive benefit to both players champions who stand on it, this would simply make it a one sided evasive benefit as long as the bunny survived. The charred and inexperienced may be a bit overkill (but considering the fairly low damage output of the bunny I doubt it) but were mainly there to emphasize the switch of Ash for the opponent to a negative terrain.

4. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

I like the idea overall and I get the beast/elemental pat, but I am curious about the wizard addition to it.

5. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Mainly because I am under the impression the Bunny Lord and his bunnies are sentient, thus he is a wizard! I also do not really like Classless things, although it's class is fairly irrelevant-- except for the fact if grimlic and imp familiar are out this guy would be leaping for days.

Edit: also finally figured out how to edit the title and remove that third N! :p

6. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

Interesting, I always viewed "beast" as a race and class since they are basically animals.

7. Authyrtyr

I'm familiar with Breath of Ash, I mean that you shouldn't make the enemy not have evasive.

8. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Whoops I seem to have misread your first post a bit. I still think it emphasizes the change to a negative terrain, but part of the reason I feel adding the no evasive bit is not overkill is because of the fact it would be used in a BG that has fairly little range in the first place. And if Ash as a terrain were to be proliferated anyway, the Evasive 3 part may need to be rebalanced to evasive 2 or something just because of how strong an effect it could be.

9. Authyrtyr

As a result of the minimal effect of the power of the ability I think you could remove it. Keeping abilities as simple as possible while still achieving the desired effect is very important. Charred is enough to emphasize the negative terrain. In addition the passive granting of inexperienced is a little OP imo, just a thought (although it has amusing synergy with things like Riposte and Arrow Throw).