So i had an idea for UD/FS

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Leadrz, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Drown, a spell people use. Heavily regulated.
    But i think it would open up a whole new market for ud/fs if drown also worked in lava.
    It is certainly possible to drown in lava.

So, Might not be the best idea. I might be heavily critiqued for suggesting this.

But the UD/FS fire bg was initiated by sixul and other runes. But never fully felt completed.
    I reckon buffing drown to include Lava* would start it on its way.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Its logical but it wont happen. I have recently tried FS/UD Salamans fire BG and it totally sucks.

PS. Devs if you are reading this please ass immunity fire to Salaman Negamage. The only salaman without it.

Leadrz likes this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

So... you want immunity fire on every salaman? because I'm sure I don't.

4. Leadrz

I'm not a fan of trying to tun ud/fs salaman. Literally the only thing they got is fire immune and sometimes it even hinders splits because you cant get fire eater on them. I'm not sure why jyx was made to be honest.

5. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Just for the sake of making a split hero. When Jyx first came out, he was OP as Firk. Manic'ing, Stealth'ing, Assassinating, OP stats, low Nora cost, and other OP junk on a single champion, with no synergy between the 2 factions whatsoever (Aside from the fact that you could force him into some Stealth BG).

There's actually quite a few Split Hero's/Exo's that don't synergize between the factions they are split in. Sometimes, I really wonder if they made those Split Hero's and Split Exo's just for the hell of making one. Of course, DoG now has the chance to make things right regarding Split stuff.

6. Qno2

Qno2 The King of Potatoes

Jyx is the worst split-hero in my opinion because he has nothing that differentiates him from ordinary runes; no unique abilities or strategies. He's just boring. I realise there are other heros and split-heros who are guilty of this but I feel Jyx is a good example of a boring rune. As for FS/UD theme, corrupted overlord could do with being buffed a bit. I understand that it might not be the best idea to give it back colossal but it is why he was great in mirefolk-centred aquatic bgs.

Corrupted Overlord's flavour text reads "Even the brightest amongst the Circadian were unable to combat the corruption of some of the Mirefolk, though in some cases they were able to preserve some vestiges of their former selves." which I think could allude to a few very interesting runes in the future.

7. Leadrz

Yes, it could be a omen of the runes to come, Or it could just be SoE's left that there because of a half idea.

But i admit, corrupted mirefoak does sound fun. I just imagine some weird lava aquatic units >.< could be interesting.

8. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I really dont want immunity fire at all on any of them but since its there they might as well make it right. I would much rather have it switched with fire eater or my number one choice would be to make a whole new different ability for them to interact with.

Leadrz likes this.
  9. bioalchemy

bioalchemy Member

I made a suggestion about Jyx a long time ago but it never got any attention. I thought a flavorful change would be to give him equip:nightblade, since he appears to be wielding one. This would give him strike and a minor sourse of healing. I think I also suggested they make an ability called Shadesworn which would give some stealth synergy. I don't remember my original suggestion but it could be something like "Basic attacks made by this champion do not cause this champion to destealth." or "When this champion makes a basic attack, the nearest friendly champion becomes stealthed."

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Sounds cool! but then fire eaters or lava walkers can not be drown? It would limit drown ever more

11. Leadrz

It wouldnt limit drown more.
    It'd just be like... Lavawalkers cant be drowned in lava as amphibious cant in water.
    It would be a big change to the spell, but could still be regulated