Haunting Grip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heroex7777, Aug 16, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

And this is supposed to be funny and clever how? You can't even construct a complete sentence in English! ROFL you amuse me, Pixy n00b.

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I am of the opinion that the being required to run a particular type of dmg or risk facing unwinnable matchups in incredibly stupid. Any other mechanic aside from ghost/incorporeal can be worked around. I don't need to run a summons counter, I don't need to run detection, I don't need to run a shatter, etc. I can play around not having any of these particular counters to those mechanics. This cannot be done with magic damage. With ghost and all those similar abilities if I don't run magic damage I WILL LOSE, I will have 0 means of recourse for champions with ghost. This is poor design. Any other mechanic I can work around, which is good, but ghost and the like is simply run this or lose.

Sealer0, Ballballer and Sirius like this.
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Lmfao, I tried being reasonable with you but I guess you're just too much of a zealot.

4. BroWatchThis

Lol how am I a zealot? All I said was that Pokemon and Pox can't be compared (because they really can't). I would mind if it got bumped down to 20 hp. It's really not that big of a deal, and I honestly don't see how this one spell is such a massive offender in the current cheese filled meta. FW is barely in it. Like I said, long time FW players are defecting to protectorate factions because it's EASIER to win with them.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Gillo isn't just an FW player, he plays everything. What makes ya a zealot is how you try nerfing everything in every other faction but then you're all like "oh my faction sucks."

You're starting to sound like heroex.

Ballballer likes this.
  6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It really is too bad that the devs seem to be fine with needing to run Magic damage, based on what was said in the Q&A...

7. BroWatchThis

You really can't be serious.... I'm almost tempted to put you back on ignore because you are the epitome of ignorance. FW is the worst faction right now. Common knowledge. You want to nerf something in the WORST faction that is barely playable... when there are worse things like the ENTIRE factions of ST, IS, and KF, yet FW is such a pressing issue? That's just pathetic. If you represent the general thought process and agenda of this community, then there is no hope for this game.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Lmfao, I'm done. Yeah FW is the WORST faction. QQ

If every new player we get acts like you there is no hope for the game.

Boozha and Ballballer like this.
  9. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Sealer0 likes this.
  10. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

...BroNerfThis?

11. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I find this thread amusing. I haven't encountered any problems with this spell yet, but i've been gone for a week or so. Never really had problems with ghost either. Yeah, they're annoying as all hell but not moreso than NKD, imo.

Nite2kill and BroWatchThis like this.
  12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

There's a myriad of counters to NKD, some obvious, some less obvious and some with disadvantages. To ghost there is only one counter, and as MovnTarget mentioned, it is simply bad design.

13. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I think the main issue with NKD is the availability of effective counters to individual factions.

14. BroWatchThis

No, the main issue with NKD is that it's gay.

Just shut up already.

15. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I came to see if theres a topic about haunting grip... I'm not disappointed. This guy is one of those reasons the game feels completely ******** if you're a beginner.

16. CravenLestat

CravenLestat Active Member

That awkward moment when you see a ghost and forgot to put magic damage in your battlegroup
    [​IMG]

So Dan Aykroyd what do you think about possibly giving this guy ghost as an upgrade?
    [​IMG]

Your thoughts please......
    [​IMG]

17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Great constructive argument you guys having. +1

18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I gave up.

19. BroWatchThis

No, it was constructive until you started acting like a fool. I said bringing the summon down to 20hp would be fine, but you guys would honestly still find a way to whine about it til it gets nerfed until the shoe box. It would still take 2-3 shots to kill, but that's irrelevant to you, isn't it @Sealer0?

20. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Or ya know......fix the actual problem with it instead of pussyfooting around and trying to keep your rune a 40 nora win con against certain themes and a nightmare against most factions

Sealer0, Burcho and KingJad like this.