stop only catering to the pvp players list possible co-op ideas here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Aug 19, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This game is a great game but it's time to go in another direction if you wanna kill it keep building towards only pvp where we have maybe 50 players each day. Do the math we have twice as many people everyday that just enjoy the game and strategy aspect so they do campaigns. Games like lol and other games where players can start somewhere and learn rather than diving headfirst succeed because they have a mode to play bot's with friends and can have fun while learning. Pox already has an extremely high learning curve so the new player's we get we need to keep and throwing them into the gauntlet of ranked because they have nothing else to do after they beat the campaigns is a terrible idea.

So my point to the owls is when will anything like this be implemented or will it ever? My point for the community is i am looking for people to post ideas on co-op or anything besides pvp because right now the balance patches aren't gonna cut it.

Sunutsu likes this.
  2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

This is a PvP game with a Single Player option.

Not a Single Player game with a PvP option.

They need to focus the real game before they can worry about Single Player (or 2v2).

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

tenletters

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

four

...what is "tenletters" supposed to mean, anyway?

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

on the old Pox forums, your post had to have at least ten letters to be able to post it.
    Fortunately, "tenletters" is exactly ten letters long

6. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

Just started LOL recently n must say there are learning curves but it was made less steep by different difficulty of bots before you jump into pvp n ranked.

But Poxnora started out as simply a PvP n that is its attraction.

The current campaigns bots are simple time waster without learning exp toward pvp playstyle.
    Good for testing decks only n lvling champ exp n earning gold.

7. super71

Your missing the point that is no longer the attraction people wanna play something they can jump on with friends and play a few games with friends pox only caters to the hardcore games right now which as you can see isn't working out to great. I realize the current campaigns are bad and don't help with the learning curve that's why they need changed and pox needs a better ai. If pox continues to cater to just pvp the game will fail again.

8. super71

Also i am looking for possible constructive single player ideas and or co-op ideas if you don't have any then simply don't post.

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

The only real and constructive idea is this: Make Single Player AI better

But that requires too many resources.

GameJack likes this.
  10. super71

Then again they would have those resource if they stopped with the balance patches that has nearly caused riots and broken more things then they have fixed. Their are many good ideas that people come up with but they would need to start with the ai.

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Apparently a skirmish bot is in the works.
    I hope it will be a good thing to test decks against. Dailies are currently lacking in that regard (only 2 chances, and they give up if you ninja all of their fonts).

12. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

So don't fix game balance and work on single player? I'd love to see a better AI but that suggestion is unreal.

13. super71

Yeah right now u just stealth into enemy font and they retreat it's pretty funny actually.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I was going to make fun of the OP but Nid made the same argument in a mature fashion so instead I'm explaining stuff with this explanation of stuff.

15. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

The main problem I see with your argument is the terms of value and replayability. Even if they improved the AI, by nature/definition of how the Single player works, it will be very little variation given a deck/map/scenario/campaign since each match will have a predetermined deck that the AI will use.

Then we will start charging you 3-5 dollars in order for you to gain access to one of these maps, how often will you play with them to maximize your enjoyment? If you feel you could play the exact same thing over and over and over again to maximize your enjoyment, that is great, however, even with things like League of Legends, the main draw that will keep people into the game will be playing against other players.

With that said, however, just with the sample starter decks (or rather, the gold decks) as well as some of the "newer" campaigns, changes to the units/balance will have a drastic change on the campaigns/AI. Because of this, if we focus a lot of resources and time now to make new great beginner decks as well as great new AI campaigns, etc., when we go back to making balances changes if they are needed, then we will most likely need to go back and change the campaign, gold decks, theme decks, etc.

I'm all for it if the community wants to put forward designs in terms of ideas for a campaign or series, and I hope to have enough time someday to get the Rune Pool back up so I can host a contest for the creation of the best sample starter decks for various factions, but yeah.

16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

That's funny because it took them many years before they even bothered to include semi-decent bots into the game. IIRC bots still didn't evade skillshots until like 1-2 years ago.

Aaaand they had a workable game before they included them bots.

Sunutsu likes this.
  17. Grumz

Grumz The King of Potatoes

The problem is, implementing a decent AI in PN is nearly impossible.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

An AI that can compete with one guy absolutely clubbers the other.

19. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

I see. Seems a good improvement where Pox can work on.

Really help new players from getting turn off after slaughter by exp players.

Yeah technical issue. AI programming...
    (can we borrow IBM Deep Blue haiz)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  20. super71

Once again i am looking for single player ideas for the game and positive suggestions for co-op right now only one of you has mentioned something and that was improved ai can we stay on topic. I understand everyone thinks pox is only pvp but you have to cater to another player base which is the casual gamer's.

Sunutsu and MovnTarget like this.