Purge sees almost no play at this point, what would it take for it to be viable?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by claydude5, Aug 21, 2014.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Is the problem DGS or the cost?

2. xCrimsonSkies

xCrimsonSkies New Member

Kinda expensive.

3. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Huh? I run it in pretty much every single bg.

It's got that much utility.

I even run it in my tainted statue decks.

SaintKiwi, Entrepidus and devrn like this.
  4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

AOE cleanse and dispell is pretty good.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I haven't tried it since the last patch, but you could use it to remove impenetrable from shrines in single player. That way you could still complete the level if the boss never spawned.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

All the patch did was clean up the description. Nothing about the actual spell was changed.

7. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Not sure where you are getting the idea that Purge doesn't see a lot of play in SL. It is more of a problem that FF SL just isn't played that much in general.

8. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

First thought: "...is this a troll thread?"

Purge is Firking great, there's almost no reason not to run it. AoE Cleanse in SL? Hell yeah! AoE Purge? HELL YEAH!
    Cleanse is kinda obvious, so lemme just list some of the things that Dispell can do for you, out of the top of my head: remove Impervious, remove Dodge, Deflecting, Blocking, removes Blizzard Cloak and Ancient Implications, remove Stealth etc.

So yeah, it's expensive. Sometimes I even accept the CC on my unit(s) to save up the nora and to keep the spell for another opportunity. I guess it's not "herp derp, I'll just cleanse", but it's still an amazing spell.

9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

If anything, I would rather change it to not cleanse and do something else + lower the cost. Fx. Dispel + 8 magic damage, or dispel + lower defenses or dispel + 20 damage to summons (to cement SL as anti summon faction). Imo it does too much (note, not too much for the cost, just too much) and pushes other cleanse options out of the table.

This way dragon gods staff and other cleanse options would be worth including.

10. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

Lol... There's several reasons why comparing purge and DGS is apple and oranges.

11. Sealer0

The only two spot cleanse options this faction has.

Go away.

Edit: you might not have noticed it, but I didn't actually compare them.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Spot if you mean immediate, but Purge isn't single target.

13. Sealer0

Yes, spot cleanse means on demand, immediate cleanse.