Fear the Beast

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by claydude5, Aug 18, 2014.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

http://poxbase.com/deck/C5YCfkc6YC1Gc3yCgjcuwC8DC4PC2BciBc86s5Qs7Ks6ms1ks2Ls6_s3ys6Ys5wr1ye1K

Help building around a beast/fear core

The Idea is to use the ample fear generation from Thrash, Unspeakable, Frightful Blows, and Horrific Howl to cause the Heretics to do insane amounts of damage and cause confuse.

Initial thoughts: Not sure about my detection or anti-equip
    The BG lacks many ST spells to boost Heretic

Synergy:

Fear+Psychological Warfare

Magnify Beast + Crowned Sauropod for a colossal fear spamming 100 hp bodyguard

Beast + Boosters and ST bonus for large HP Pools

Alacrity + High HP Beasts

Arctic Gift + Slow Beasts for +1 AP

Needs: Probably some ranged hate or additional fear synergy

AP Generation like Drive and Invigorate

2. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

I have a really fun KF/SP beast BG, and the SP part looks almost identical to what you have, and the parts that aren't the same are mostly due to the split difference. (I have colossal boas from KF so I don't need to use crowned sauropod for colossal, for instance)

I will say that a second magnify beast really comes in handy. +45hp on any beast is just sick. Also, for your split hero, I see you chose spirit of the mountain. I went with Jek, myself (which you could theoretically pick, because he's KF/ST) because 8 spd off the draw is really good, and he hits like a truck. I will grant that almost nothing beats the spirit for font contesting, and the boost beast is nice, too, and since you didn't take KF you have less options for that. (I use queen anaru and vashal druid) The other big SP difference is that I'm using Voil Progenitor. He costs an arm and a leg in nora, but he's worth the cost if you can afford to play him. I also find vertical push to be really useful, and I'm using one of those as well; I'd probably try to find room for a second if I could bear to cut anything.

Given you've gone ST and you have adaptive ST on the heretics, have you thought about more ST spells, like Favour of the Queen or Healing Hand? FotQ is really good, especially on a 2x2 unit with a bigger presence. Healing Hand would combo pretty good with magnify beast; when they -finally- kill the thing, then it heals up higher because of the magnify boost :p I've used blizzard cloak before as well; it fills a similar role to the all too popular whispers of the mind. (which you could also in theory use)

3. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

Few of my thoughts:

-chieftain and sotm are probably more then enough boost beast, so I would drop the lonx recruiters.
    - as you drop the lonx recruiters, the mountain lions will lose a lot of damage potential from surge beast, I would also drop them and replace them by warmandrils. Warmandrills have the same role: pounce, kill and die. But are cheaper and have more damage.
    - you are short of magic damage
    -what champions do you plan to use zealotry and havoc touch on?
    -gale force is always 2x
    -slavedrivers whip is a must when you run sotm, drive his manifestation to 8ap.
    -arctic gift is 0x or 2x, especially with sotm manifestation triggering it all the time.
    -no thunderhead totems?
    - drop avalanche. snowstorm is better for grounding and galeforce is better for knocking back and on top of that you run adaptive ST.
    -im missing detection? SP has pit wolf and ST has that boomerang bear or that battlemaster owl.
    -no cleanse? Both ST and SP have awesome cleanse options.

If you want to add more ap generation to your BG, then add a lonx beast tamer.

If you want mroe ranged hate, then add pox renovators, their damage is massive under boost beast.

Im also worried that thrash cost a lot of HP while under effect of boost beast and ST font bonus, im not sure if sauropod belongs in boost beast bg's anymore.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014