[Solved] How can I check and reduce ping?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Goyo, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The delay I got is very annoying lategame :(

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

If you are experiencing slowdown the longer you play but it runs fine early on then this is likely related to a known issue we plan on looking into.

In most cases problems like this aren't related to ping, but the amount of ram you have.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Hi Senshu. I am aware of that issue. Just tested it again and seems to work fine. I might outlooked some download yesterday.Fool on me.

4. Senshu

It is really hard to say because there are so many potential causes, but it is good to hear it is no longer happening :)

5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

@Senshu Is there a thread for the ram overload? If so could i be linked to it?, Just curious for any information. (Sufferer of this ram problem)

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's a windows thing. Delete svchost.exe process (the most consuming) and you will notice an instant performance increase :)

7. Senshu

There isn't any one thread about this issue as to troubleshooting, but one way to reduce the impact of this problems is disabling the sound specifically the music in the in-game options. There are other workarounds that have also popped up, as mentioned by Goyo, but that is a case by case situation. We also do not want to officially promote messing with specific processes because they could cause other problems, but in general if you are running into Ram issues reducing the number of background processes/applications can help.

Leadrz likes this.