Fix this rune! (Necromancer)

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by mortemdeus, Aug 22, 2014.

1. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

I want to make this a thing. Pick a rune we rarely see in the game and fix it. Buff the shoebox!

Todays rune, Necromancer.

Race: Human Class: Witch
    Attack: 8 Speed: 5 Range: 3-5 Defense: 0 HP: 38
    Base abilities) Attack: Red Electricity, Summon Skeleton (3)
    Upgrades 1) Curse 1, 2
    Upgrades 2) Boost skeleton (1), Elsari Coven

Okay, seriously, where is this thing suppose to go? It is a witch so I want to put it there but...it is a necromancer...and it helps skeletons...and it kind of sucks... My thoughts (changes in bold)

Race: Human Class: Wizard
    Attack: 8 Speed: 6 Range: 3-5 Defense: 0 HP: 38
    Base abilities) Attack: Electricity, Pawn
    Upgrades 1) Summon: Festering Corpse, Summon: Skeleton 3, Leverage: Lich
    Upgrades 2) Commander: Skeleton, Commander: Zombie, Commander: Spirit

The necromancer never seemed like a good fit as a witch. This wizard I am thinking about that makes it a summoner and leader as opposed to a summoner light with some witch tricks. Humans lead and command the undead or serve the liches, I think that shows it off well but I want to hear what others have come up with for the necromancer!

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Summon: Haunting Spirit.

lel

BroWatchThis and TeaScholar like this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I have a killer rework idea for her, copypasting from an old thread:
    I would rework her to:
    race: human, skeleton (no undead)
    DMG 4
    SPD 6
    RNG 1 or 1-2
    DEF 3
    HP 50
    base
    Attack physical
    Strenght of body
    Consume
    Path 1 : elsari coven , bulwark skeleton.
    Path 2 : chain lightning, soulharvester 1.
    Because is how I see her, using his outer body to tank and to attack while she's wrapped inside, strenght of body represents the damage the skeleton receives affecting the damage otput, devour represents the necromancer using the bodies to repair his giant skeleton, I thought of making it devour skeleton only but it would be non synergetic with summon festering corpse on some witches. Upgrade path1 are for use either in skeletons or in witches and second it's to keep a bit of identity of the rune.
    I think in this form it would help witches with a tank that synergizes nicely with some of the others forming a module with forsaken follower and mysian necromancer and other meat summoning witches. Skeletons don't need tanks much but this could be run in a swarming skeleton battlegroup, and it has the advantage of being 1x1.

4. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I don't get what's wrong with her.

She is a really cheap summoning platform that throws out high damage, 7 speed skeletons.

She is used in skeletons and the summons end up having about 24hp, 13 damage, 7 speed and 2 defense.

She just isn't meant to be a big menace herself.

5. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I might be missing something, but I could have sworn level 3 summon skele produced 6 spd skeletons?

Anyway, regards to necromancer, by far one of my favorite gals from FW, I'd not make her any kind of tank. Her job is being a cheap summoning unit. But she still feels overcosted for a cheap summoning unit. Though first, let me get this out, she's the ONLY champ with attack: Red Electricity (which is regular electricity, only red), she cannot lose that.

Corruptor pretty much trumped her out of ever needing to be a soulharvester again, so I'd just nix that idea.

Personally, when the Serkan rework comes, I'd love to see him get the 'unholy trinity' of meat summons in FW; Bone Fracture (big skele behind her), Swarm Festering Corpse (Necromancy), and Restless Souls (Even more Necromancy). Oh, and keeping Summon Skele 3.

But, but, that sounds OP.

Eh, maybe. But her health stays the same, and I'd drop her damage down to about 4 or 5. Her speed could stay at 5. Maybe shrink her range from 3-5 to 4-5. Heck, maybe even just 5.

Having four meat summons might sound like much, but remember, 38 hp (43 with banner) means AT MOST, without consume or other means to restore health, that's 9 Restless Soul procs at most, the ninth killing her. On top of that, that's one less summon at least for any hits she receives. Well, one less revenant, she'd gain that back kind of in a lesser bone mauler. And, in the slightly unlikely event she can actually kill something, boom, festering corpses.

Likely though, we'd have to plug Restless, Swarm, and Splintering into an upgrade tree together, as all three would very likely be OP.

But Upgrade Path 2 could swap some items out; Go ahead and keep Boost 1, but drop Coven, and add Death Harvest (Could use another), and maybe soul siphon. Soul Siphon would bump her cost up, but would make slightly more viable swarming from Path1, Harvest could be used in conjunction with Restless, and Boost obviously with her base summon and splintering.

I think it would be neat. Maybe a little over the top, but she's been sleeping at the bottom of the shoebox with only Black Ops to keep her company for so long, she deserves some time on the field.

6. Fikule

I would just advise people to try her in a Skeleton BG and use her primarily for her summons.

The summons all got +1 speed when Boost was nerfed.

7. GabrielQ

Even if she were OP, She's still a chick wrapped in a giant skeleton and I think my build reflects that better than the current one.

8. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Guarded: Skeleton

9. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I disagree only because your build is turning her into some kind of combatant, which she never was, and I don't believe she ever should be. She was the first soulharvester, but her time has past as the Corruptor just does that job better.

My idea probably isn't great, but she needs to be some kind of support. A meat engine would be perfect.

10. Waritine

Waritine New Member

I've tried to use her, and while it's true the summons have +1 speed, her speed, hp, attack, and pretty much everything else makes her overcosted still... IMO...

Personally I'd drop all the witch stuff and focus on her Skeleton synergy.

11. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

15 hp, 6 speed champion with 9 damage and no abilities for 63 cost...you might get 2-3 of them before she gets rolled or the game ends. Doesn't seem worth it

12. GabrielQ

Also, witches need additional tanks now, with the new witching hour.

13. Fikule

For the record, boosted with a banner out.

Dam: 13
    Spd: 7
    Rng: 1
    Def: 1
    Hp: 26

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Will have to read through this thread later.