(OLD) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Here we go!

Path 1 (the first path 2) should be a bit more diverse. Pick a summon level and add a boost level and another ability. Path 2 (the second one) remove curse 1 and add revel in misery.

Like the changes. Would rather see a curse/hex option on path 2 to go with the charm 3 though.

Another not bad but would like to see curse/hex someplace.

So...black death does what on her? Love the amp disease/hex3 tree though. Just change out black death with curse 3 and I am happy with it.

Pick a summon level again. Also, not sure I like a full faction rune summoning a split faction rune. We have summon festering corpse, put that WITH summon skeleton 3 on the same tree. Then you have a spare tree for some witch synergy. Summon should be a tree though for her.

A pair of general ideas. 1) add an ability called Extended Misery that adds 2 rounds to existing curse/hex duration (globally) that has a 3-4 turn cooldown. 2) Make a new witch spell called something like Pain and Misery that deals 6 damage per ailment to each unit with cursed, hexed, or diseased (so one with all 3 takes 18 damage)

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'm staying away from completely new abilities but will consider abilities that are similar to existing with damage or whatever just swapped out (for instance Disease treating instead of Static Greating).

@mortemdeus thanks for the feedback.
    Dark Enchantress could probably have Charm replaced with a hex instead.
    I'll wait for a little more feedback before revising again.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

@yobanchi Disease *Greeting would be cool, but I bet people would cry OP because of global anti heal.

Let's do it.
    Maybe on Fleshweaver Witch? Makes sense on her for an upgrade path.

Woffleet likes this.
  4. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Maybe I'm showing that I'm just as apt to get hung up on older things as the next Waster, but Stealth/Veiled flight was always something I thought defined Seductress. I'm sad we're considering letting that go on her. Granted, soulharvester was always considered necromancer's thing, and I think she can become a more apt summoner than a harvester, now, but I don't think it really changes the necro's fundamental role.

Whereas with Seductress, I always thought her role was a stealthing debuffer, kind of hard to do that without stealth at the least.

5. yobanchi

I don't know, Hidden DMZ + Shadestrike + Domain DMZ sounds like badazzery to me and lots better the veiled flight.
    I mean, what are you going to do with veiled flight that you could otherwise do with regular stealth?

Plus add on top that revel in misery grants flight for 6 rounds… just not seeing the flavor or benefit.
    Hovering above terrain is a liability since unstealhing will result in her either getting stuck or taking damage anyway.
    I'd have to be convinced more to not remove that set of sandbags from her at least for the suggestions.

6. Mercer Skye

You mean witching hour grants flight? Because in the times between keeping myself 30n down for the rest of the game to keep the benefits, I personally wouldn't mind the cheaper ability to fly on at least one of them. Part of Rip's high cost is standard flight, yes? Seductress stays low end in Nora because of those 'sandbags.' Granted, sometimes flavor gets in the way of functionality, but it's not like we're dealing with almost having enough viable witches any more, we have plenty, a few of them can be left quirky and runnable, no?

7. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think this is the main problem we're having with the seductress: we define her through abilities that basically serve no function at all. Veiled flight defined the seductress? Why? What exactly veiled flight did to improve seductress' performance? What synergy, or purpose served veiled flight? It was a defining ability just because it was slapped on her and was the only champion with it? That's silly, to put it softly. There are many examples of champions with unique abilities that actually became better when they lost said abilities (thrash and DE Masochist*), and honestly, I don't see how flight would help her role (flight helps on rush kind of characters in order to overcome obstacles like chasm, or bg designed around stuff like tailwind; rarely, but now and then it works against specific combat abilities, like aerial supremacy or high ground), specially as Yobanchi said, because the theme have access to a temporary form of flight.

I tend to agree she isn't a combat champion (again, why the freak a "Seductress" would try to win a fight through her bare fists?), and I don't see how veiled flight would work. Most forms of flight currently released (see sonic flight) are bundle that are intended to synergy with different aspects of their factions (arctic flight), or incorporate virtues and flaws (sonar flight), and are fixed. Veiled flight is just a conditional form of flight with nothing special beyond that. Is plain, is boring and it costs 5n, 1n less than regular flight.

I would say, just get ride of it, dang it.

8. Dragos

Dragos New Member

How about giving the enchantress a different first path.The blood thing is ok and all but i think we should make it more versatile.What about Cleanse,Relocate foe and Bleed/Blood Knowledge (or Hex).

9. Mercer Skye

I was trying to figure it out for myself before, but something about her toolkit was really bugging me, and part of it, I'm figuring out, is that she doesn't have a 'vampyre' upgrade path like most of the others. I can't agree with cleanse (I'm fine with that staying a Protectorate monopoly), I can agree one of her paths should definitely have something more 'vamp'-ish to it. I like the idea of her being another Blood Magic platform, Relocate Foe and Hex don't sound like bad options either.

10. BroWatchThis

Regarding your "protectorate monopoly" statement, shouldn't that mean that "wrath monopolies" such as a plethora of debuffs shouldn't be so prevalent in protectorates?

One of the reasons i haven't been active at all in the game right now is because of the blatant favoritism shown towards the protectorate side of the aisle. That will probably never change.

11. Mercer Skye

I don't think it's particularly fair to say Wrath should have a monopoly on debuffs. Unless we're talking about specific ones. Crippled? Debilitated? Or just everything? Cleanse is a pretty specific ability. And in Wrath, if we get any kind of cleanse, I would much rather keep it situational, or 'trigger'-based (Phase Cleansing, Cleansing Flame). But what of our's have we been robbed of ?(I'm still trying to figure out what's on Wrath runes let alone delving into Prot, right now). Or at least, what do we no longer have a monopoly on that doesn't feel like Prot should have it?

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I know Prot has more Hunter: Prot than Wrath does.

13. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Don't watch movies? Bad guys never win. ='(

14. BroWatchThis

X'''''''D (super teary eyed long sad face crying out in agony)

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Saw, Se7en, Silence of the Lambs, The Usual Suspects, all examples of the bad guy winning.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  16. Triandkilmi

Triandkilmi The King of Potatoes

I just want Attrition back. I miss it back in the day with OCTOPI. I feel zombies are just in sad shape and need help badly.

XFurionsX likes this.
  17. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

On this note, that veiled flight has grant flying and not flight to match sonic flight and arctic flight,
    why dose beast hearder work differently then zombie herder? When fleshweaver witch uses zombie herder crushing charge goes away when lumbering dose. When Azaren uses beast herder the champions affected by beast herder loss lumbering for a set number of turns but keep crushing charge permanently. Why would veiled flight have to fallow these "flight rules" if the herder ability is not consistent?

18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Zombie Herder started out the same as Beast Herder.

Unfortunately the Herder ability was far too powerful on zombies and had to be individually altered.

My point though is that, for the sake of new players, we make current ability "sets" as consistent as possible. So even if we were to give Veiled Flight access to sentry, we would just give Veiled Flight the sentry ability and flying instead of flight.

19. yobanchi

Later tonight I'm going to go over things again and cull down what I think are the more impactful changes for witches and hopefully give some reasoning.

For instance I've taken out Necromancer/inkblight since their changes are fairly minor and would fit more in 'cleaning' up the champ instead of significant changes/reworks. Also I'm thinking maybe Black ops get changed to something else to go with humans but work for witches.

Woffleet likes this.
  20. BroWatchThis

Well beast herder is just as OP as zombie herder, and that type of bias is what makes this game currently not fun.

OriginalG1 likes this.