Map suggestion (Updated)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, Mar 23, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

bumping this to get more feedback

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am still curious how the map would look if the same font/shrine layout was kept but rotated 90ish degrees. 1 shrine on the beach and on the other side by the woods. 9ish spaces from center font.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  3. MentalMoles

a bit like this??? I may even prefer this actually!

[​IMG]

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That looks better than I expected. I think the only gripe that would arise would be that well just above the UD shrine.

5. MentalMoles

Ya, i'm sure that could be made a passable square if it is an issue, or the bottom shrine could be moved to the left and top shrine moved to the right, they would still be the same 9 squares from mid font

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Auxilium needs to stay in the hellfire where it got put years ago.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

that was my favorite level. the original one.

8. MentalMoles

bumped, this HAS to happen, the lack of variation of maps in ranked is getting tiresome!

9. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Its funny how easy it is to fix this map by just moving fonts :)

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Baskitkase. I don't get the hate, it is a massive improvement from the Player-1-wins-bullshit of KF hill.

11. MentalMoles

ya, also, i think we all agree this map has great art on it, and would be a welcome addition to the current rotation

12. PoxZuo

PoxZuo Administrator Octopi

Necroing this thread! Cause I'm green. This map is only used for a couple dailys at the moment, which is a shame cause it really is great art. I was trying out some of these font/shrine positions when I noticed the map isn't even even. The top plateau is farther from the center than the bottom and the small ramp is in a different place. In the image below, the guide overlay evens the sides up. I think it's ok that some areas are uneven as long as accessibility is the same (like the ramp positions).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Not a fan of middle font so close but I think that map may work.
    In these cases, what would people think of uneven distances to mid font for P1 and P2?
    For example, in the map proposed, if p1 draws a 7 speed champion and p2 doesn't, that would be quite the advantage, but, if p1 draws a 6 speeder and p2 a 7 speeder, nothing happens! so, what if p1 capture distance were 7 and p2's were 6?

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Would be easier if we had "non-deployment" fonts that just gen nora.

As an IS player this map is nice but for those that dont have our current font bonus I have to agree with Gab. First turn player pulling a 7 speeder and the second pulling a 6 speeder gives 1st player a huge draw advantage.

What would the map look like with no mid font, a font directly on top of the well and one mirrored for the top player?

15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Either the shrines close in by 1 square or the mid font goes away. Due to font defender its already iffy enough really

16. MentalMoles

Perfect. My only concern with this would be are the fonts to close to each other? Could the side fonts be a couple spaces further away to make it more of a middle font map? I'm thinking each side font would be 2 spaces closer to each players shrine

EDIT: Its important that shrines should be 6 spaces from the middle font, not 7, as if p1 draws a 7 speed champ and player 2 draws a 6 speed champ, its game over.

[​IMG]

Whilst you are noticing this map isn't even, the same applies for a lot of other maps also! We need an entire map review.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  17. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Why don't we just get Baskitcase on this?

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Gaiz, I got this.

Makorov likes this.
  19. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

badass sig, old man

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I need you to type in all caps, I'm losing my hearing.