Nexus Aura and Enduring Aura

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by darklord48, Aug 27, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The abilities work together very well. I used to run a Angel/Spirit IS/KF deck that focuses on range and survived up close via Angel of Endurance and Wisp.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Were you using Northern Cross Militia and Ring of Rejuvenation? 9HP healed each turn and every attack seems like it would be pretty good.

4. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Always liked the idea, i dont like how expensive spirit of endurance is tho, i would rather her be passive and cost 65 nora, maybe lose an ability or two even.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Tbh, bastion the avenger should have always have been IS/KF split hero.. .then you could have this silly pally/angel synergy deck exist

6. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

He was a is/ud design

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  7. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Why :/. That doesnt make sense to me just wondering about your thought process. It would make sense if you said spirit of endurance shuold be a split since IS is the angel bg. Other than that i would rather her be a race: Fairy/spirit or elf/spirit.

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Bastion the avenger was from that "one" developer and was a prime example of the power/ability creep nonsense, he makes zero sense. He is an angel, barbarian-paladin (which basically inspired an IS meme "give every f'n champion race angel/paladin/barbarian herpderp"... so we're already in w-tf land for a rune from the start. Now we can go thru the thought process which may "seem" silly but not when this rune exists to begin with. Its all silly but here goes for kicks, its all out dated and f'd after revamp anyway but it made sense before.

1) Which 2 factions have/had the most angels?...IS and KF.

2) Which factions have/had the most paladins?... IS and KF (though they lost most paladins over time, now just vashal cav.... but circle messenger/garu chosen lost the class and something else used to be as well. Circle had ally IS as well)

3) Which factions have/had the most barbarians?... IS and KF (thought now barbarians have been destroyed from KF synergy)

- So in reality why wouldn't Bastion, as wierd as F as he is ....not fit as a IS/KF split hero? Spirit of endurance could be a split too I suppose but thats another topic.

9. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

He was IS/UD split, specifically designed for that split IS/UD barb bg and mechanically fits there a lot better. Especially since Corpse was pushing that split. He was changed to FF IS hero most likely because "why not" and " need 3rd hero" and as for the rest, well what angel isnt a Paladin?

p.s. Spirit of Endurance was an IS rune that got switched over because KF needed a rune for that expansion.

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Spirit of Endurance is actually incredibly underrated right now. Nobody seems to have noticed but they upped her rank of enduring aura during the revamp so she's AoE3 tough3 instead of 2/2. I'm not sure how far you'd get arguing for her to become a split champ but she'd be a great addition. Even running her at 87 you're still getting a great toolkit. Blessed is a bit of a sandbag but everything else is worth the cost.

11. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Tactical manual is usually sufficient since Militia is low on the dmg dept.

77 nora for a support unit is kind of iffy. I mean, she might be good in an angel deck but god forbid you have to trade to get the IS/KF angels and AoMercys. In this meta it's all about cheap units as far as I can tell.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Tactical manual heals on your turn. Ring of Rejuvenation heals on both players turns. Sure you might not be attacking if you're bodyguarding, but it is still healing 18 per round.

13. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Yeah I know that. But RoR does nothing if the militia is at full HP. Manual at least gets you a few points of damage. I guess RoR would be better for bringing him up from near death. Divine Favor/Consecrate do pretty good jobs of that too, though.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I was thinking that if you're using him for bodyguard, he's not attacking anyway.

15. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I always wanted to make a Focused Nexus / Resilient / Tough BG, but still pretty $$ to me.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's not something you build a deck around. It's very situational to have champs out and in position and also needing the play (they are6are about to do some obvious dmg).

It's also extremely obvious.

It's perilous vs UD.

Champ relocation and KB are direct counters.

The ability is CD3 which makes it less than consistently available.

It's just something that's in your BG that you'd like to use if the situation presents itself.

It works fairly well in these situations but keep in mind it should be a module of a greater overall strategy.

17. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Well, Focused Nexus last for 20 turns, so the CD reaches zero before the effects ends.