Split Faction Player Council

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Gaedel, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I do not see where the split races have a Player Council Member. I also do not see a lot of balances in the patch notes for split faction races.

The races we need to have looked at are:
    Leoss
    Stitched
    Kanen
    Tortuns

Split Heroes: Currently only one allowed per battlegroup, where Full Faction Heroes do not have this limitation. It would be nice to see them on an even battlefield, either change split heroes to allow more than one or change full faction heroes to only one. I prefer the former.

Who is currently responsible for these four races? Are the individual factions responsible (IS and ST council responsible for Leoss, FW and ST council responsible for Stitched, FS and KF council responsible for Tortuns, and SP and SL council responsible for Kanen? Or do we need to elect a Split Player Council member to have a voice for these wonderful, seemingly forgotten races? Or do we need to contact the ACLU?

(This last one is a joke. For those that do not know, the ACLU is the American Civil Liberties Union, who combats against the spread of racism in America, in other words, they fight for our rights as free citizens of the United States of America). Maybe we need to create the PCLU (Poxnora Civil Liberties Union). We can set up a 501c3 non-profit organization and start taking donations and use the funds to protect the rights of the Poxnora community.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    sassquatch, OriginalG1 and GameJack like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The council cares.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

As to the suggestion about multiple split heroes, unless there is a restriction on the makeup of those heroes, it worries me. I wouldn't want to see timothy, hraken, sardina, kiergana, and magus all in the same bg.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  4. Gaedel

Either that or limit the FF Heroes to 1 per bg. Consistency is the goal. As much as I would hate to lose the capability of having Magnus the Fallen/Hraken/Mosharn, Bastion the Avenger, Euan, Talgar, etc. in the same battlegroup.
    Actually, Inquisitor Magnus, Aria, Zedin, Isran are not really considered Heroes since they do not have that ability.

And...if they did change to have more than one split hero, would it be feasible to have "timothy, hraken, sardina, kiergana, and magus" in the same battlegroup? I'm not entirely sure it would be successful. Of course I'm a veteran noob, so I'm sure the more experienced and those who's brain is not scrambled would have better knowledge than I.

5. callum6021

callum6021 The King of Potatoes

the thing about split heroes is that it is one of the trade offs to having the versatility and variety of access to two different factions. each faction has some specific spells that are really powerful and really versatile, and having access to two factions worth of these needs some sort of trade, one of them being that you have no access to FF heroes, the other that you can only have one split hero per BG.

6. Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver The King of Potatoes

I dont like your idea of the split heroes. But I would like to see a split faction council. It doesnt even have to be official, for example, either the UD or FW council members (or both) could ask a good and helping stitched player (agirgis1 comes to my mind right now, but could be any other) for suggestions about that particular split race and they could then communicate them to the devs.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the idea of the split heroes, for me, was that they were supposed to all provide a strong idea to the deck. with the ff heroes, they follow the deck's idea instead

idea.

but yeah. including garin and kiergana in the same deck, for example, makes no damn sense. it makes less damn sense than including euan (dead), gnark (dead), or serkan and xulos in the same deck (as they had a falling out). in theory the heroes are timeless. the split heroes just never had a time where they could really get along with each other. their personalities are too strong.

8. Gaedel

Can they just make it where we can use Mosharn and Hraken in the same battlegroup? That would be dandy! :p

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

but that's still a very different feel. mosharn is the bastion, yeah? he's all about being the big team player, holding things forcibly together and so on. hraken is like an ******* of an assassin (ie goes it completely alone)

they're much too strong personalitywise to fit in the same deck. also i think there might be an actual lore conflict but this isn't my strong suit.

if anything i'd just try to make split heroes have more of an impact on the deck, but it's hard to do that without making them mini-avatars and then seriously reducing their stats or something

10. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

They don't need to be powerful, they need to be theme enablers, kind of like Kiergana has the Kanen, Stitched, and neutral paths.

I like Bliss and Azaren because they're thematic and strong, meanwhile all of SP's heroes are just kind of efficient.

11. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well this thread wen't off topic fast! A split faction council member would be interesting, they've been kind of swept under the rug lately.

12. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Serkan just bosses Xulos around. Even now, he haunts poor Xulos from beyond the grave, keeping Xulos from being fully confident in his own Statue.
    Euan and Gnark are dead, yes, but what could we do about that, remove those runes from existence?
    No worse, IMO, than playing two of the same character in MTG because he got two separate cards for different periods of his story (which was fixed with planeswalkers, but will forever be broken with creature cards).

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Not many people will say: i am only a stitch player, i am only a leoss player, ect. Most council members have a forum post managing patch updates. I think it should be up to council members to get together to make a spilt faction patch update. Example: ST council member, "Hay IS council member, everything is hashed out for our next patch update, want to work on leoss patch update in split faction forums?" IS council member "sounds good, we should include the UD council member as well"

14. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Maybe once in a while the a split faction focus patch could be made, with the existing council members working on the split races for that patch only.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. Gaedel

I completely agree with both posts!

OriginalG1 likes this.
  16. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

Or i mean there could be split race councils. Nothing wrong with 4 extra council members, hell its not like they have to pay them...

17. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I already believe that 8 people is sometimes too much for the current PCR given how many solid suggestions are shot down and veto'd by other council members without much of a logical explanation. I'd rather have periodic patches that are entirely dedicated to SF races where the PCR pairs up to address their shared SF race. It would only take 1-2 of these to iron out the larger issues given that you'd be doubling the number of changes you could apply to each SF race.

WraithxxV likes this.
  18. Gaedel

Periodic patches dedicated to the split races would work. I also think they are due, so do not wait too long.

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

some one should "@" the greens and all the council members to this post.

20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it wouldnt be a good idea to bring in additional council members. The point of the council is to provide a manageable number of voices for gedden to listen to - an additional four might get a bit crowded, even if suitable representatives could be found. Having one person who represents all split decks is a possibility but I doubt there are many who play them all..

So I think it's up to us on the current council to ensure that split themes aren't neglected, and that advice is taken from split theme players if necessary.

I have certainly pencilled in some stitched to get changed next patch.

WraithxxV likes this.