FS Spells

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Bluefinish, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Bluefinish

Bluefinish The King of Potatoes

I've always wondered, since we have many spells everyone uses like poison cloud and Drown, what spellls are actually viable in our faction? What do you guys run?

2. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

anti equip: Loot, Corrode
    security: Backfire, Nora Drain
    support: Boghopper Bravado, Bubble of Protection, Gloomwater, Slipwater, Undertow
    damage: Monsoon, Drown, Flood, Font Eruption, Poisonous Fumes, Psychic Blast, Reverberating Blast
    extra hp on the board: Darkmarsh Warsong, Feeding Frenzy, Pygmy Hippo Stampede

and I personally run Nora Seep and Hungry Mire too - as a substitute for nerfed Poison Cloud.

3. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I run gloom water, bubble, drown, poisonous fumes, hippo, reverberating blast. Some X2 some x1

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Depends on your BG. Always good: PHS and bubble. Slipwater is nutty good in Aqatic bg's.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Second the inclusion of Gloomwater. It's got an incredible number of uses, and it's basically an AOE version of Weaken (that old FW spell no one remembers). I also like Forced Evolution in Aquatic decks. It gets even better when cast on a unit that already has Aquatic, because it will replace Aquatic with Semi-Aquatic. On units with Semi-Aquatic, it grants Aquatic, meaning the champ gets stat buffs from both abilities.

6. Qno2

Qno2 The King of Potatoes

Spells that see play in my bgs: Backfire, Boghopper Bravado, Bubble of Protection, Corrode, Darkmarsh Warsong, Drown, Feeding Frenzy, Flood, Font Eruption, Gloomwater, Loot, Monsoon, Poisonous Fumes, Psionic Impact, Psychic Blast, Pygmy Hippo Stampede, Reverberating Blast, Slipwater, Soak the Earth, Tendrils of the Deep, Undertow.

Perhaps one good thing about our spell set now is that nothing is 2x auto-include. Some might disagree but fumes does not really serve its purpose anymore. :(

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Forced Reconstruction is a good choice if you want to recycle cheap champs with gekaals resurrect to benefit darkmarsh witch's death charges and voodoo shamfies soul siphon. Resurrect + force reconstruction is also good because FS does not always have spot cleanse available and sometimes u want to bring back your favorite gibbed champ. Last reason I like forced reconstruction is to combo with death novas and gain added damage, and contest fonts with a greater amount of hps that my freshly created mis shapen boghopper provides.

8. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Isn't it a sacrifice now? Meaning no death novas?

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I just tried it. Death novas still proc off forced reconstruction but if u cast it on a rider u dont get the champ from the rider just the mis shapen boghopper from forced reconstruction.

10. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

We have a few underrated spells in my opinion:
    Reckless Command gives global damage which can get quite high not too late on and I sometimes use it as anti-stealth.
    Confusion is fun when used well.
    I've ran Dissidence before but felt it was a little too situational but it did win me a few games. (Try Confusion and Dissidence together for suppressing power-turns)
    Erode can be useful.

As a side note everyone should try poison trap. Running little known spells gives your bg a surprise element and I think if there's one thing the best players in this game do it's surprise you.

profhulk likes this.
  11. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Poison Trap isa relic tho.

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Also I have found flash bang trap almost as effective as poison trap and 10 nora cheaper.
    Agree. Has anyone tried deploying mystic whirlpool on the edge of a font to control non flying opponents position? Fun relic. *Do not deploy a mystic whirl pool on a font square it will explode! Mystic whirlpool also has great synergy with poison cloud knockback.
    Dissidence- I find this spell the most useful when I need to give up a font for one turn which in many cases u will need to do at times. The more important reason for Dissidence is to prevent deployment during early game rush. Your opponent gets the font nora but is unable to deploy anything in the font. I stopped running it because gloomwater is important and needs that slot.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    attio26 likes this.
  13. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

is Marsh Song at all worth running? +20 nora sounds good, but the effect takes so long to see a profit...
    How much Favor and similar mechanics does FS have?

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I think its worth it when your fonts are being contested and you are receiving some nora from the spell instead of nothing at all. Have you tried using marsh song when u have favor from pool of dreams? It's also nice to have a 30 nora spell to remove a backfire/ancients protection if u need to cast a spell.

Leadrz likes this.
  15. MindQuake

MindQuake New Member

Marsh song, you get power and it costs you speed. If you are on a map where it is exceedingly likely that each side will get roughly half the fonts, everyone will do the positioning dance for a while then all hell will break loose, definitely worth it. If you are on the map where there is a font which is highly contested, winning the push for that font is worth more than the marsh song.