Elven Skald

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Elven Skald
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Race: Elf | Class: Bard, Rogue | Size: Small | Rarity: Uncommon
    Artwork: A calm and nimble elf is reclining on a high tree branch. He is lazily playing a lyre. A dagger and several darts are visibly attached to his belt. Far below, on the ground, a fierce battle is being fought.

Flavor-Text: "Heroic tales are not just relics of the past. With any luck, I'll live to tell what happens here today!" Da'rau, Elven Skald
    Nora Cost: 62-76

Champion Stats
    DMG: 8 | SPD: 7 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 34

Champion Base Abilities
    Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack. (0 nora)
    Poison Dart- This champion makes a Physical attack at RNG 2-5 and +1 AP. When a champion takes 1 or more damage from this attack, it becomes Poisoned 3. CD: 1, AP: +1 (9 nora)
    Heroic Strike- The first time this champion makes a successful attack each turn, friendly champions within 4 spaces gain Courage for 2 turns. (8 nora)
    Hidden: Vegetation- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Vegetation, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed. (3 nora)

Upgrade Path 1
    Bastion of Courage- Friendly champions have Fearless. (6 nora)
    Bastion of Will- Friendly champions have Iron Will. (8 nora)
    Prestige- All friendly champions have Iron Will and Fearless. (14 nora*)

Upgrade Path 2
    Bastion of Mobility- Friendly champions gain Mobility. (10 nora)
    Hit and Run- When this champion makes a basic attack, it gains Mobility for 1 turn and 1 AP whenever it moves for 1 turn. This effect may trigger up to 3 times per turn. (8 nora)
    Mobility- This champion may disengage the turn it becomes Engaged, and disengages for 0 AP. (4 nora)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Tweek516, Pixyrus and Woffleet like this.
  2. Xirone

This champion is an incredibly squishy unit that has some very special buffs. If you upgrade the best ones, his cost goes up and up. The Elven Skald's signature ability is Heroic Strike which allows friendly units to gain Encouraged and Readiness for 2 turns. Also, in case it wasn't clear, Poison Dart is the same ability granted from FS's equip, Poison Dart (and it triggers Heroic Strike).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. Xirone

I forgot to mention that I increased the cost of Prestige to 14 because it is currently at 6 nora, what?

4. Xirone

I want Heroic Strike to do something neat but I'm not entirely sold on its current version. The idea of the ability is similar to Warcry but with a smaller benefit but bigger range. Any ideas?

5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

maybe + 2dmg and AP to champions within 4 spaces?

6. Xirone

I specifically want to steer away from AP gen on this one. I was thinking, maybe, that all friendly champions within 4 spaces could gain Courage for 2 turns?

7. Xirone

After some thought, I like Courage a lot! I am going to replace Encouraged and Readiness over 5 spaces with Courage. Courage may not always be powerful but when the conditions are right, it could make a big impact.

Woffleet likes this.
  8. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

don't you mean fearless?

9. Xirone

Courage is a little hard to find a description of. It is the condition granted by the spell Tales of Valor...

Courage- This champion gains +2 Damage and +1 Defense for every 8 HP it has less than its maximum health.

With Heroic Strike, each champion in 4 spaces gains this ability for 2 turns. It will be rather weak when champs are at full HP but will be more useful at lower HP (before any healing, of course).