Destiny

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangmcgame, Aug 27, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I'll be playing on PS4. Anyone else?

2. MageDKun

MageDKun Member

PS4 too

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I too, have a PS4, but have not turned it on in some time.

I bet that will change drastically once I own Destiny. But at this point Destiny almost has an over-hype train going on with it right now. Kind of a buzz kill.

claydude5 likes this.
  4. tangmcgame

You're lucky then. I got caught up in the hype and now the days are dragging by. Can't wait for the 9th. My wife is taking care of the kids and I'm going to play all damn day.

5. st3ck

Let me un-hype it for you then, so you can enjoy the endless replay value the game WILL have, and not get burnt out by the many many many pay for content/add-ons/dlc/microtransactions/time sinks that game will have. It is actually quite simple, I love bungie, but the publisher. Ohhoooowwooooo. The publisher.

Activision.

If the thrill of gaming and story telling and getting lost in endless wild worlds of wonder and creativity with action and danger with excitement that illicit emotions and attachment to characters with deep thoughtout gameplay with fully complete worlds and enviornment, If all of that didn't just rush out of you, you must not have an extensive history with them.

On their own, Activision is awesome, the poop out million dollar games several times a year, and own pretty much everything in the 3rd party world. Now don't get me wrong, DESTINY IS GOING TO BE AWESOME. But because Activision is involved, there will be alot of stupid Bane Shift done to the game to make it "more commercialized". Like what they did with Call of duty.
    Call of Duty
    Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: World at War
    Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Call of Duty: Ghosts

They also managed to turn Mass Effect into a shooter, Diablo 3, which took them 3 years to fix a pc game into a console game. (and holy hell did d3 suck on launch), as well as an endless horde of others.

Thankfully bungie is the developer, and Activision should have little influence on the situation. But I am always weary when I see them involved. In an almost unfair sort of "if they touch it, it is no longer pure". Some kind of weird psychological thing there, but just how I feel about them. Some weird kind of Yankees style hate I guess, but whatever. They ruined Mass Effect (even though I still loved it :p), and Diablo.

But yes, Destiny. Excite, but not too excite. It will be good, but I could wait a while for it.

Nebron likes this.
  6. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Wanted to try this game.
    Console only.
    Nope.

7. tangmcgame

Hurr durr conzolz sugz. Anyway, your loss, I won't try to convince you.

As far as Activision goes, I never cared about the CoD games, so that means nothing to me. And why do you assume that Activision had little impact on Bungie but had major oversight and control over BioWare (lol) and Blizzard (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)? Those studios made their own decisions and Activision just pocketed the money.

Mass Effect continued to get better with each game, gameplay-wise. ME3's story sucked, but that's on BioWare, not Activision. The multiplayer was amazing, too, and I sunk hundreds of hours into it.

Diablo 3 sucked, but again, that's on Blizzard. They put a guy who didn't know Bane Shift about ARPGs in charge of it, and the rest of their team didn't understand how loot lust and itemization are supposed to work. They reneged on their promise of PvP. The auction house...just...wow. They could not possibly have ****ed that game up more than they did at launch. However, the new team has pulled the nose up on the freefall and D3 is in a very fun and playable place. I give credit to Blizzard for that, just like I blame them for the crap state of release, but if you want to blame Activision for the release state then you should give them credit for how well its recovered, too.

Anyway, hype train has pulled out of the station and I'm aboard. I appreciate you trying to save me, but it's too late. I'm too far gone. See you folks later.

8. st3ck

I understand my rage at activision is primarily baseless, but it crashed my hype train. Just feels like seeing a mark of the beast on gaming. Part of that whole corporatism/too big to fail/profits over people thing.

Also, my ps4 tag is st3ckapotomous, I'll see you on there someday

9. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I love console gaming, I just never really understood why I would want to play FPS games (specifically) on it. Thumbsticks are just so clunky for the purpose.

10. tangmcgame

Fair enough, regulate. I guess I'm just accustomed to seeing "PC MASTUR RAEC" posts and my kneejerk is to get annoyed.

St3ck, my tag is...wait for it...tangmcgame. Add me and we'll collect many loots together.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I love destiny (the dude). I hope the game does well for his sake.

12. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I think this game is probably the most over-hyped thing i've seen since.....I don't know when. It literally looks and plays like they took halo and put it on borderlands game engine. Sure it's a fun game but it isn't some FPS to end all FPS's. There's going to be some really wonky balance issues for quite a while and just like in halo vehicles are overly difficult to deal with early game to the point of just being obnoxious.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

no u slut

14. tangmcgame

It's a little premature to call it overhyped. And Diablo 3 and Titanfall could both give Destiny a run for its money in the pre-release hype category (and, fwiw, they're proven to be overhyped at this point). We'll see in a few months if Destiny lives up to the hype or not.

15. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

Where's my xbox one folks?

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

remember all the prerelease skyrim hype

17. tangmcgame

In my opinion, Skyrim lived up to the hype so long as you had played Oblivion or Morrowind and knew that ES games come with a respectable amount of jank.

PurpleTop likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just saw a trailer for this. I haven't played xbox in almost 2 years but I think I might start playing just for this. It looks fun.

Is it worth pre-ordering or should I wait?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  19. MageDKun

MageDKun Member

It's worth the pre-order since you get the nice DLC

20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

i like to think of the auction house as Blizzard's version of a premature Steam release.