FF FW Faction Bonus

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TeaScholar, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

So, just checking here:

Full FW vs Anything
    All bonuses negated

FW/XX vs Full XX
    Enemy gets their split bonus instead of full bonus

FW/XX vs XX/XX
    Enemy loses the split bonus not matching their shrine

FW/XX vs FW/XX
    Both simply play without the FW bonus regardless of the shrine

2. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Pretty much. FW vs FW is pretty much playing without bonuses anyway. Well, hell, any faction playing against itself is pretty much playing without bonuses when you think about it.

3. Triandkilmi

Triandkilmi The King of Potatoes

I agree! How about a Death Benefit stacking bonus for when a character dies the next deployed gets a specific bonus to something or while a champ is on CD it will add bonuses to how many are on CD.

For example, 1 champ on CD = +5 HP, 2 champs on CD = +5 and +1 dmg.. Something like that, which could be hard to keep going with a -60% CD which could balance it more.

Just ideas, haven't played in a while so not sure how viable that would be

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  4. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

This is actually a damn good idea if it comes with a death benefit nora bonus.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  5. Mercer Skye

Just remember, over complexity is the death of most abilities. Biggest reason Gedden had for axing rover, ichor, etc. Not trying to rain on parades, I think big, too. Idea has got some merit though.

6. TeaScholar

But we aren't talking about an ability here... This is a faction bonus.

7. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Just wonder, why they want to remove our original FW bonus?

8. TeaScholar

The intention is to essentially move our faction bonus to the undead racial: boon of the undead, while this topic is to discuss what that new faction bonus would be. Apparently all of the faction bonuses will be tweaked at some point. If we have something in mind ahead of time, and we agree in what we would like, the devs might consider it more than if we just left it in their hands.

Woffleet likes this.
  9. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

The thing I still don't like about the nullify bonus is that it boosts split BGS again. If you are FW/ST and you play against full ST they get a split bonus for playing full and nothing happens to you while doubling you faction pool. I can't see how it's fair. That and I am tired of having one of the lamest mirror factions bonuses. Extra damage and health can be played around even if you are both getting the same bonus. But with the cooldown reduction vs CDR its like there is no bonus period.

10. Mercer Skye

And that's all faction bonuses in mirror. KF vs KF, err'thing has +1spd. SL vs SL err'thing has 10% damage reduction. So on and so forth. And in the split, I don't see the issue. FW/ST vs FF ST. Instead of the normal 30% cooldowns and the +5hp, you're only running +5hp, and FF ST is now reduced to a +5hp bonus....Not much different than how it is now.

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

@exiledtyrant I don't understand your statement. I'll have to reread this again when I get back.

12. Fikule

He means in a fight of FW/ST vs ST, you are both playing with just the split ST bonus but the FW/ST BG has the added benefit of being a split. (access to twice as many runes and combos to use in the battlegroup)

(not that I agree with it being an issue)

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

it sure looks like an exellent point.

14. Fikule

Depends how you look at it.

Since FW would negate bonuses, consider it to be an absolute negative of their bonus.

FW vs ST
    ST = Allied units gain 10 bonus hp
    FW = Enemy units lose 10 max hp
    Result = No bonus

FW/ST vs ST
    ST = Allied units gain 10 bonus hp
    FW/ST = Allied units gain 5 bonus hp. Enemy units lose 5 max hp.

The FW split bonus is half the strength of the full bonus, like any split bonus (ideally).

15. GabrielQ

It's strange, when you put it that way it seems balanced, but intuitively, it isn't, because you get the exact same thing that your opponent with a extended rune pool.
    The thing here is that the stats scalate with their value, so +10 hp is better than the double of +5 hp.

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

ah, are you saying it's not fair to the ST player?

17. GabrielQ

yeah, that was my point.

18. Mercer Skye

How, though, really? Any more so than now? Double rune pool has always been a bonus to split bgs, so I don't see how that's an amplified factor in this case.

FF ST vs SL/ST

+10hp vs 5% dmg redux, +5hp AND double rune pool. No different than +5hp vs +5hp AND double rune pool.

So the argument against it is that the doubled rune pool from split is OP.....so?

19. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

It punishes full faction play is what I'm saying. The split bonus would actually be 10% for SL which is like giving everything tough two so I'm pretty sure that puts it's ahead of the 10 hp and yes double rune pools are pretty OP especially when you can take away the only bonus full faction gets.

20. Mercer Skye

My bad on the SL bonus, but even then, it would still be a half faction bonus vs a half faction bonus. And it only looks off kilter, imo, because faction bonuses aren't exactly on par with each other as is.

Which still means the only real benefit the split is taking into the match is the increased rune pool