Font Skins (Bringing it up again)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Any plans for these? Seriously?

I know there's other work to be done, but I would be interested to know if these might be options down the line. Maybe just 100 Owl Points each.

Advantages:
    People enjoy owning cool stuff. Easy revenue source.
    Fonts are universal to the game, they will be in every match.
    Fonts are pretty static, maybe a few frames for the nicer skins, so very little artwork required.
    They are a less controversial option when considering limited offer rewards.

Few examples:
    UD
    Searing Lava bubble replaces the globe, the font itself is obsidian with glowing cracks.

IS
    The font is made from heavy looking iron and bolts. Raw nora sparks from it.

KF
    The nora globe slowly rotates, suspended by a font made of purely magical energy.

Sunutsu and DarkJello like this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sl font for over-run with insects 2014

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Isn't it illegal to refrain from saying insex?

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i got a doctor's note

KingJad likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

A dwarven miner's head would fit nicely for my skeezick bg.

6. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

dagda + pyro = gays

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Just for arguments sake, what are some font skins you (anyone) would want to see? I've been amassing a collection of art samples to post in the near future that illustrate a number of monetization suggestions I believe could pull some of the burden from semi-exploitive pack prices. Knowing what interests you would help me compile more appealing examples :)

I see bugz, UD lava, IS steampunk and KF magikz so far. What else yeh got?

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

FW skullz
    ST Ice Globes/sickles
    SP Poop

KingoftheDepths likes this.
  9. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I woul like a creature to roam in everyfont, of course this is just art not an actual champion, it will be above the font itself, a sprite that in every turn draw nora from the font, from FW can be a spirit, then if the font is taken the spirit banish.

10. putoconcarne

putoconcarne New Member

For Christmas, there could be a limited edition skin where the font looks like a Christmas tree with a nora globe on top. :D

11. KingoftheDepths

KingoftheDepths Well-Known Member

im gonna have to agree with covah for his excellent suggestion bout sp font.

12. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

FW, bubbling black ichor, with the occasional screaming 'mist face' out from the goo.