Best players from each faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

That's rough, but this game had to choose between tactical strategy and fantasy card game, and I'm glad the strategy aspect has been put weight on instead.

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I don't really think it has though. At this point, what is in your deck counts way more than how you play it. It's due to the abundance of abilities requiring hard counters and the hard counters. Incorporeal, mass summons, colossal are just a few of the examples. I'm not saying hard countering shouldn't exist, just that when you make the game be a lot about that, it doesn't really give you that much of a chance to counter-play (like soft counters tend to do) and deck content starts to matter way more. Which I personally find odd for a board game.

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I'm a bad person to give unbiased info regarding combo/control decks.

But to your comment @Sealer0

Pox didn't need to make these things mutually exclusive, but they did, so not much can change.

Something pox should really adopt back are the deep combos. We just gutted the game of most of its depth/complexity.

So hopefully the developers bring it back. Exile/ mercy, RA/doom, divine darkness, truce lock, necroweave/sac altar. The combos were all gutted from ANY synergy instead of made less efficient so that you could still use them tactically.

So they change all the interactions to benefit only one play style instead of multiple and forcing players to adapt.

Just because your game is digital, doesn't mean you have to alter the content all the time, physical tcg and tactical games like war hammer succeed on a model that is inferior in every way to a digital micro transaction model, yet somehow, developers throughout the games history managed to balance by the least common denominator, and shun the most creative and talented players.

The current "best players" would get crapped on by the best players of 8 years ago. Some of the best players now, were also ok players at that time.

Now that statement is kind of loaded because the game has changed so much, that this current version if pox is something more like pox lite 2.0, as opposed to poxnora.

But oh well, I will never be a best player at this game.

But I was a top monster with is/ud barbs on an alt long ago.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Probably because the best players left this game when skill started to matter less and strategy took several hits.

Show me anyone still playing who was at the level of kthx, kithros, shazara, ryvirath.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Me

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Tiny

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You don't seem to understand the difference between said players and tiny.

Tiny only got 80% winrate or more after they all left. Runs the most meta bgs other people make. These people made the top bgs. They were both creative and skilled. They had disgusting winrates at the time. It's fairly easy to go 80% these days, it wasn't before.

8. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

How bout Devilsrath? Is he not a Baller? Funny thing is. He will be at church tomorrow at 6 am awake and ready to serve the laurd.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

God tier: kithros and friends

Titan tier: devils, tiny, hash,

good people: insert rest

That's the way I see it.

st3ck and profhulk like this.
  10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Tiny had like a 3:1 win rate against ryvirath

st3ck likes this.
  11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The best ST player ever is calisk I used to love watching him play. The best player ever has to be tiny, although he plays all factions so I cant put him as the best player for a particular faction. I would call him the best split player ever.

12. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

I've never understood the fuzz about Ryv... You say he's different to Tiny, but in my eyes he did exactly the same. Whenever he would change up his decks, he would get absolutely slaughtered.

13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The best is player is Axeraiser.

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I dont understand how Soremist's name hasnt been mentioned once, yet iajab has....

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I post the best players that still look at these forums or are playing. Haven't seen Soremist or Kithros on the forums or in game. Iajab is still active and kthx visits the forums and logs into the game for three seconds sometimes. I have even seen Paladin play at least once a year. I think one time I saw Sinwind log in to.

16. trackergn

trackergn New Member

molecl best SL ever!!!

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

slut

Ballballer, SPiEkY and Dagda like this.
  18. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Funny story: I was once brought up as a candidate for ST in a previous "who da bestest!?!" threads. Just goes to show how arbitrary some of the nominations are given that I doubt anyone would consider me for any faction right now. I'd suggest there isn't a "best" player and never will be. There are too many variables to claim with any legitimacy that such and such is #bestalltime!

Dagda likes this.
  19. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

UD: MakarovJAC
    FW: Paletyrant
    SL: AVlove
    SP: pantier
    IS: radan13
    KF: Anahuac
    FS: profhulk
    ST: Kingjad

My list has as much of an impact as all above.

Dagda and SPiEkY like this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

10/10