Returning Player...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hallandrin, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Hallandrin

Hallandrin The King of Potatoes

I haven't played Poxnora for, like, 2 years, now i'm returning to the game that i played a lot and was one of the best games i ever had played...

But i got some questions...

1) Now with the Rune Forge, it seens that exo have no value anymore, only Legendary and Limited have a good trade-value... or i'm wrong?

2) For the last couple of days i had been wacthing some limited-players games to help me re-understand the game, and i have one question: Which Faction should i pick for my return? i'm kinda lost in this game now xD

Thx in adv.

2. ArcticNine

ArcticNine Member

1) PoxBox.com - your best friend
    2) pick KF because they are the most underpowered factions out there.

WELCOME BACK!

Hallandrin likes this.
  3. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

It's poxbox.net ;)

4. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just to make sure you didn't get confused. KF is OP.

But seriously try factions out and find one you like, as above Poxbox.net helps a lot in values.

Hallandrin likes this.
  5. Hallandrin

Yeah, i remeber PoxBox, it is a great site!

Thx guys!

Two more questions!

3) What should i do with the gold i gain from games? i have 3 avatars in this account (IS, FS, ST)... should i save to buy more? and then save money for extended pack box (or just extended packs?)...

4) I remeber u could use gold to buy stuff like Grimlic of Kthir, LE Menalaus, LE Euan, but i don't see that anymore xD

Sorry for bothering... (i'm such a noob now '-')

6. ArcticNine

ArcticNine Member

3) get an avatar for your faction and then buy boxes or packs. (ones with the newer runes)
    4)Nope, not any more. Gold can only be used to by stuff in marketplace.

Hallandrin likes this.
  7. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Extended Pack/Box is probably the best buys at the moment

Hallandrin likes this.
  8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Welcome back fellow gamer.

Play the faction u like best. "OP" is subjective, and changes around episodically as per forever anyhow.

Best of fortune and such in your virtual adventures!

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

New players be reading these comments all like :confused:o_O

10. Hallandrin

As a returning player i remember a few players of the community where like that xD

Well, Thanks everyone for their answers!

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I always liked you Devrn as a player and all but at this stage, if I were a dev, I would ban you from forums for your comments in this and your last thread. I do not share your opinion. You guys haven't given the owls much of a chance. There has been more communication with this game in the last few months then there was for the past entire year that SOE had it. They are doing things with a very limited staff. You guys really need to chill. If they don't act fast enough and the game dies, then so be it. SOE already had its tombstone in the ground.

Tfguy, jeeperz2, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

DoG has had the game for, what 2-3 months? When there are less players than when SoE owned Poxnora, there's something wrong. They could have made runes more accessible by now. Or something other than shake up the meta.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  13. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

Sorry to butt in, but this just doesn't make sense at all. I'm posting because I'm just like the OP, a returning player(well, truth be told I only played a couple of games seven years ago) and I can say Poxnora might have its issues right now but it's definitely friendly towards new/returning players(as in same situations as me, nothing at all), the main problem in this case is the low playerbase yeah, but how is this a reason to discourage someone from "starting" playing? What do you get from doing this? Your personal opinion about them just doesn't give you the right to do what are you doing.

I'm posting this only because someone might take your words seriously.

Burcho, jeeperz2, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This thread took some cleanup work. Anyway, glad to hear you came back and are really getting into the game again.

As a counter to the doom and gloom speak. The development team is currently working on a lot of new content and things like the Forge will be under review to address the acquisition of runes. The key is to hit the right balance with forge so that it is a worth while investment for players for getting the runes they want/need.

Hiyashi and DarkJello like this.
  15. Hallandrin

Thx! Glad to hear from a Green that things are shaping really nice!

Pox still have a great future ahead!

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

gimme your runes ?

17. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

you're doing it wrong

18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

gimme your runes?

19. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

<facepalm> Don't make me take all three of your runes and give them to Hallandrin ;)

Great to hear you think so especially among the doom and gloom that was posted earlier. As you can see we aren't as heavy handed in moderating discussions, but sometimes a little house cleaning is in order :)

TheBulwark and DarkJello like this.
  20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

but i have more than 3 runes

BurnPyro likes this.