Cyclops are Shoebox Again

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

They have shoeboxed Cyclops until we get new runes. We really need some good ranged units and some faster Cyclops!

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Is this because of the Vitalize change?
    I agree it was bad.

3. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

How does a minor change in vitalize make cyclops shoebox? It's not like wardrummer was ever a frontline attacker.

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

The problem is, it now has to be a lot closer to said frontline attackers.
    It is also impossible to get clops at all of your fonts now to 6 speed, without having a wardrummer at each one.

5. MadLotar

I see what you mean now, I just loaded my cyclops onto single player. Either way, there are enough 6 speed clops that it should not matter. The only real thing that bothers me is that it is only 5 range, it should be 6.

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Not shoebox. Not by a longshot

KingJad likes this.
  7. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Seem fine to me, Vitalise change was a good change, Cyclops still strong

8. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Cyclops are still strong but the theme needs to be redesigned. Currently the theme has a hectic design without clear direction. High survivability and sibling don't make sense with warmonger, blood bond, and vengeful. High HP and low nora cost thanks to low speed causes them to rely on Vitalize, Hut, and Pathfinder to be great and without them okay.

GameJack likes this.
  9. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Making statements without any further feedback is worth nothing.

10. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Cyclops won't be shoebox until tribal hut changes.

11. PurpleTop

he didn't specify why clops are "shoebox", so how would I be able to isolate which powerful aspect about them needs to be pointed out? There are many

12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

They are too slow and too fat with no range, I said that in the opening post. Try em in rank if you don't believe me. Its just with Cyclops you normally lose early on capping fonts.

13. PurpleTop

Only addition I could see would be to put improve range back on the warwizard, or on some cyclops at least. Other than that I actually run voil transporter for better mobility. It just stands to reason with the fatties..... relocate can be really strong. The problem is that if relocate was put on one of the clops as well that would only add more relocate mechanics to meta SP which is one of the things that keeps us above the powercurve and we don't need more of.

I guess i could support a clops champ getting like a race specific relocate ability or something........

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Relocate=Throw then I am ok with it. Give it to the Maulers...

Heavy Throw: This champ can throw a Large champ up to 4 spaces away for 2 ap. CD 1

15. MadLotar

It would probably make more sense to give something like "relocate: cyclops" or "heavy throw" to haulers, they have a relocate ability anyways.

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

LoL I was thinking of the wrong rune art.

17. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I'm always in LL if i play clops. When I dont play it I scurry on high exo-low LL...

The only drawback on clops = moga cannon

The meta is full of moga cannons... So yeah. And map dependency. On bottleneck maps... Its an instant loss. Even siblings op ness is irrelevant and still loses to that little beast.

But one of the most problematic maps: elemental plateau. Constant lavawalking foolishness

@PurpleTop the only problem with relocation is when you have it on CD1. Luckily those kinda champ doesnt exist in our all-melee clops theme.
    Only DEP in UD with their all-melee +4dmg faction bonus have that advantage...

Cyclops priestess? Relocate:clops cd1, attack: magical, stab, multi1.
    Lol jk

18. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Yeah, that just about sums up SP, in general.

X theme is OP, until rune Z gets nerfed. Then, it will be shoebox.

And I really wish I were being sarcastic.

WraithxxV likes this.
  19. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

True, although Voils have about 3 Z runes xD

Ok, step 1. Tribal Hut to: Cyclops * (Mauler, Primal, etc.) within 4 spaces have Sibling.
    Step 2. Buff other Cyclops accordingly.

allyorbase likes this.
  20. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I am very excited as I write this because I feel that I have come up with a unique and interesting solution to cyclops woes. My suggestion incorporates a redesign of the theme.

The idea is to have Cyclops be focused in family groups. They stay cheap fat and slow but When another Cyclops is damaged or killed the cyclops become enraged and gain a series of benefits. The Cyclops praise their ancestors and help them come back faster. The theme is mainly meant for new players but can be used at high skill levels . It plays as a rush/death benefit deck where you run your army across the map get killed then wreck everything with your angry army. If you lose a key champ don't worry he will soon be back thanks to blood connection.

Cyclops split into 3 classes with varying roles.

Brutes:
    grunts, are meant to charge into the battle and die
    very cheap 40-50 ish nora,

Warriors:
    meant to grow stronger as other cyclops die. They are the more tanky clops.
    60-70ish nora, high def, warmonger, vengeful, vindictive, blood bond.

Shamans:
    Support champions help cyclops come back faster, provide vitalise, and range.
    Cyclopian memory (all cyclops have their cooldowns reduced by 1 at the beginning of each turn)

Thanks for reading,
    Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    WraithxxV and Paper Skull like this.