Comments on Profile Post by Dwlr

1. Senshu
    Senshu
    Your feedback is appreciated. Do you have any personal comments as to how you would like to see this improved?
    Jul 20, 2015
  2. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    Threads get derailed constantly, new users if they make a 'poor' suggestion rather than veteran players explaining why it's a 'poor' suggestion they just ridicule that user, members are still ganging up on mw claiming "he deserves it", but is that really something that should be endorsed at all no matter what he supposedly did?
    Jul 20, 2015
  3. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    The number of inside jokes and the blatant sarcasm is rampant to the point nearly everything is a joke and you can't have a serious discussion when it's meant to be one, basically they're like unsupervised children. A prominently posted rule thread that was enforced would be my suggestion.
    Jul 20, 2015
  4. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    I know I'm not the only one who feels this way and I've known a few others that have left because of the immature and unsupervised community, those they drive away are voices you cannot hear. I understand needing to have it be a trend to act upon it, but if they are actively driving away those that would complain.
    Jul 20, 2015
  5. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    You're left with a skewed sampling and what happens when those members finally do get bored? You haven't attracted a lot of new members willing to stay so when the old members that have been driving traffic away leave you're left with nothing in the end.
    Jul 20, 2015
  6. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    So my suggestion is a little control over your members rein in the inappropriate avatars, the attacks on members, the constant sarcasm which a new player might get confused by thinking they're being serious out of ignorance, and the like system is abused
    Jul 20, 2015
  7. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    it's used more as a way to encourage a group of friends for these types of posts rather than quality posts it was likely intended for so it's probably not helping the situation though it's not really the core issue, just encouraging others IMO.
    Jul 20, 2015
  8. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    Awhile ago I tried to make a thread with the issues and it was said that nobody respects the staff here, that when they did try to 'fix' something the exact post they removed gets re-posted or the members turn on the staff themselves, that seems like a problem.
    Jul 20, 2015
  9. Senshu
    Senshu
    Thanks for the feedback. There is only so much that can be done to moderate the conduct of the forum users, but both the staff and mods do what we can to stay on top of these types of things. One thing posters should also use is the report feature because it really does help shine a light on where people are having problems so it doesn't get overlooked.
    Jul 21, 2015
  10. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    The report feature is there sure, but I'm also sure you don't want to sift through thousands of reports either and when the reports aren't attended to then it doesn't really help anything either. Users as a whole don't want to use the report feature, but that shouldn't be an invitation for anarchy either.
    Jul 21, 2015
  11. Senshu
    Senshu
    It isn't an invitation for anarchy, but it does help point out where someone is taking issue. There is a very thin line between a harmless joke and insulting. Saying something like "play better" among friends can be harmless but among strangers can be an insult. Us and the mods can only make judgement calls based on the information provided.
    Jul 22, 2015
  12. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    Those 'harmless' jokes and spam add up to an environment a lot of people don't want to be a part of. If it's among friends it should be kept in a private communication not on the forum. People insult other people's suggestions with impunity, you have rampant inappropriate avatars and threads
    Jul 22, 2015
  13. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    There's no call for using scantily clad women as avatars unless you want to deter children and get a reputation for immaturity. Call of Duty can survive its terrible community, Serebii can survive its community, but Pox is that big. How many new active posters do you get in Pox? I've not seen a lot and I hold the community responsible from just watching how those would be members are treated.
    Jul 22, 2015
  14. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    I reported Burn Pyro's Sex thread and it was allowed to stand, you can't tell me that's appropriate or the kind of image you want to portray is it?
    Jul 22, 2015
  15. Senshu
    Senshu
    Did you mean the one post in the "PM me your classy pics" thread? The inappropriate post was removed, but otherwise the thread is innocuous like the post from Markoth. The only thing that would be inappropriate about the thread itself is the snide remark calling everyone ladies. One can infer a lot from that thread but if it is only stuff along the lines as Markoth then it is not an issue.
    Jul 23, 2015
  16. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    That and his thread asking what people were like in bed. The thread is innocuous? I give up, the thread was clearly meant to be suggestive in nature following the trends of the avatar thread, that's why the 'inappropriate' post was there to begin with.
    Jul 23, 2015
  17. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    I enjoy Pox the game, but there's nothing really more to be said regarding the forum since it appears that you appear to approve of the behavior I find repellent and thus it seems I wasted your time saying anything.
    Jul 23, 2015
  18. Dwlr
    Dwlr
    If it's of any consequence Myrrh agrees that the forum is essentially unsupervised children.
    Jul 23, 2015