Comments on Profile Post by Geressen

1. Geressen
    Geressen
    I've used some insulin and now i'm going to sit here and wait till simply existing doesn't feel like pain all over anymore.
    Jun 13, 2016
  2. IMAGIRL
    IMAGIRL
    Is that how that works? I know there are sever complications for those who need insulin, but don't get it. But, I didn't think one of the issues could simply be pain all over.
    Jun 13, 2016
  3. Geressen
    Geressen
    One of the things I experience when I do not have enough insulin is my muscles do not get the feul ( sugars) they need. when I then go and do stuff my muscles ache and hurt. of course different people experience different things. I always notice low blood sugars and my brain remains mostly functional. my little brother turns into a zombie then has a seizure when he gets sugar.
    Jun 13, 2016
  4. Geressen
    Geressen
    I once waited for a class to end then walked off in search of food when my legs suddenly failed me. and people asked me what was wrong which I explained while trying to get up while my legs were unresponsive. where my little brother starts walking in a circle and doing repetitive motions while unresponsive like a sleepwalker and needs to be forcefully fed sugar. different bodies different priorities?
    Jun 13, 2016
  5. Geressen
    Geressen
    I figured out what happened, forgot to inject levimir last night before falling asleep, 26 units of stuff that is supposed to replace my baseline insulin needs, starts working after 3/4 hours and then slowly releases for up to 24 hours. now I have to steer using Novorapid ( imediate release) which is annoying.
    Jun 13, 2016
  6. Geressen
    Geressen
    @IMAGIRL I do get the standard tired/nausea/thirst/need to pee of high blood sugar I also notice I seem to sneeze a bit.like not normal sneezes. but as I said different people experience different things and all muscles around my lungs and arms and shoulders feeling like they are dying because I "ran the engine without oil" is not indicative of every single diabetics experience.
    Jun 13, 2016
  7. Geressen
    Geressen
    clarification:compare it to ruining an engine because you drove without oil. I cycled to the store and back, except the oil is insulin to move sugar into the cells for feul and instead of burning the engine every muscle I used for breathing and cycling was hurting because of it.
    Jun 13, 2016
  8. IMAGIRL
    IMAGIRL
    Well this has been informative. Thanks for the explanation.
    Jun 13, 2016