Comments on Profile Post by aseryen

1. Lushiris
    Lushiris
    That's because Dampen is much better than Starshine, it was pretty OP.
    Sep 29, 2016
  2. aseryen
    aseryen
    OP because of the range or because it sought out the highest dmg enemy unit?
    Sep 29, 2016
  3. aseryen
    aseryen
    I use Heartstone so I know how strong Dampen is, I just didn't think it was too strong to be on a champion.
    Sep 29, 2016
  4. Lushiris
    Lushiris
    It's strong because of what you said, it could give awestruck to other champions. The positioning is way easier than with Starshine.
    Sep 29, 2016
  5. aseryen
    aseryen
    If the range was shortened for the champion ability would that put it more in line? There's very little positioning involved but Dampen does have some draw backs against certain bgs. Starshine and Dampen have pros and cons, they both have different interactions when units die which I think is why Dampen should get worked back into a champion ability.
    Sep 29, 2016
  6. Lushiris
    Lushiris
    The thing is, we are talking about trolls. Awestruck on anything going against them is pretty much free Defiance.
    Sep 29, 2016
  7. aseryen
    aseryen
    Awestruck is still cleansable and some decks won't even notice the debuff because of how Dampen interacts with units on death. Divert is free Defiance, I wouldn't exactly say that every match up is free but certainly some are handed to Trolls.
    Sep 29, 2016
  8. aseryen
    aseryen
    If a player can 1round the highest dmg champion then Dampen will move to the next highest. However if the death occurs on the enemies turn Dampen doesn't jump to the next opponent. I'd also say with the range adjustments there are more units with better poke to stay out of Dampens range.
    Sep 29, 2016
  9. OriginalG1
    OriginalG1
    dampen is just too good to be on a 1x-2x champ when that relic has it too
    Sep 29, 2016
  10. aseryen
    aseryen
    Fair enough. I just don't think that a scenario with x2 starshine units and a heartstone plays out much differently than x2 dampen units with heartstone. If the range was set at AE1 and expanded per troll would that help? Because really it's the range that is an issue not Awestruck. Alla Pain Curse.
    Sep 29, 2016
  11. Lushiris
    Lushiris
    That's because Starshine goes away if u move away, Dampened needs to be cleansed, and that's not simple to get every turn.
    Sep 29, 2016