Comments on Profile Post by MikeLin

1. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    Not the first time Fire Emblem's been on mobile.

This is just a run out of the mill Progress Grind type game though with IAP like Kantai Collection, Puzzles and Dragons and Summoner Wars. I mean, they all have unique combat mechanics, but it's mostly about bigger numbers on your characters and character rarity.
    Feb 3, 2017
  2. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    They are all pretty fun for the most part (I am currently playing Goddess Kiss), but it's not super unique or anything.

A game like this would be about ~$2 million to develop, typically.
    Feb 3, 2017
  3. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    Feb 3, 2017
  4. MikeLin
    MikeLin
    ooh nintendo hit me with an email. Didn't know there were other FE games for mobile.
    Feb 3, 2017
  5. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    Well, I am using mobile perhaps more loosely than you. They have been on mobile devices like the Vita and stuff, I just realized you might have meant phones specifically, in which case this is the first one I know of.
    Feb 3, 2017
  6. MikeLin
    MikeLin
    New patch gonna include the calcs like FE lol? Really could use some FE features to improve usability
    Feb 3, 2017
  7. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    Calcs are easy in FE because there are limited interactions and limited things to consider. Hard in Pox.

I'd love to have damage calculations in Pox, but it's not some slap it together in a month feature.
    Feb 3, 2017
  8. MikeLin
    MikeLin
    Also, if heroes have that much rng. Its really going to be aids. Like getting stuff for competitive pokemon go.
    Feb 3, 2017
  9. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    Have you played these sort of games before?
    Feb 3, 2017
  10. MikeLin
    MikeLin
    Yes a couple like Go, diablo 3, BB racing, and a handful of others that i played when i was younger. All grind fests if no money paid and rng
    Feb 3, 2017
  11. Sokolov
    Sokolov
    I think most of those are pretty different. These games all pretty much play the same and are just reskins of one another. The combat resolution is usually different but it really just amounts to "Do I have bigger numbers because I played longer or paid more money" and your actions have minor effects on the outcome.
    Feb 3, 2017
  12. MikeLin
    MikeLin
    I meant the grind and/or rng aspects of these games. Most games fall under grind or pay to win these days I feel. Even something like LoL is pretty grindy now
    Feb 3, 2017