150ks and what will become of them on March 6th.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HawkFain, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

No worries man :) Yeah you too.

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Could we please have Unique added to them all at the same time?
    It was asked for on the old forum with an overwhelming margin to the yes side on a vote.

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

This ^

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uh, voting on the forum should never be a means of deciding what to do with a game. Ever.

Also, good stuff. Going to stack up on them hoarder tears

5. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

If this decision is being made, please make it soon. I am not going to buy another 150k if I can't have two in my deck. That would just be a waste of gold, besides trade value of course. :D

6. BoneSentry

BoneSentry New Member

Sounds like the LE versions will become extremely valuable after this?

7. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

Hamlet question, do you suggest me to take one or two 150's LE runes or better to keep all the golds?

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Why would they. You can buy the legendary versions. So the demand for the LE version is solely for hoarders/traders. Then again, stores have been known to be scumbags before.

9. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

if the value of LE will increase I was thinking of making an investment

10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Collector item.
    How much is worth Grimlic of K'thir? I mean, it should not be valuable at all because is just Menalaus with another skin, right?

11. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

Looks like a sound idea. LE stays collectable while LEG becomes available. It's a win win.

12. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero The King of Potatoes

Impatience got the best of me. Said screw it an grabbed another angel.

13. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

This sentiment is what POX lost under SOE. In a cash grab SOE re-released LE's. I knew several collectors that all left the game. Every single one of them. It was a huge loss for the game IMO. Make a solemn promise to never re-release LE's and the collectors will come back. Since you need those LE runes available for play, reskin them and release as exotic or some other category. Following this system keeps the gamers happy because they can obtain all runes and it keeps collectors happy because their collection is protected.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Because it's a different champ, not just a different skin

Also cause grimthir was part of an abuse combo

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I honestly doubt that 150ks will increase in value that dramatically. There are tons of 150ks in trade right now. Their value probably wouldn't increase for a while.

16. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

It's… kind of the story of almost every legendary or mass release. At the moment, when they are available, sure. Maybe next month, it won't even be that big of a deal. But once people start collecting them and amassing them + attrition due to people leaving or not trading, the supply drastically drops, which then makes them more valuable.

It's a collector's thing, which makes them valuable, but being collectable + having high utility, makes them even more valuable. For the most part, the existence of legendaries may help curve, but it's been a long time since I've pulled a legendary out of a pack that have said they give legendaries.

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

You went full ******, Never go full ******.

18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

The alternative is to simply change the 500ks/150ks/100ks/75ks to Legendary and forget about the LE.
    I'm fine with that.

The same thought did pass through my mind that now I'll have to trade for the new Legendary versions of the current LE so that my manager/list will appear all blue again.

19. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

^

20. BoneSentry

BoneSentry New Member

Doesn't this prove my point? Leg version is more accessible, LE version is not, therefore LE is now more valuable? Even more so if LE becomes no longer available.